My Hair Gets Oily when I Straighten it.

Reaction score
so i used the search thing and it didnt come up with a match so if someone posted something about this dont like yell at me again, i actually tried.

i straighten my hair sometimes and it doesn't matter whether i showered the day before or THAT day, my hair always ends up oily about an hour or two after its straight. i don't understand this!! like what am i supposed to do? does anyone know why this is happening? because when my hair isn't straightened it's fine and its completely oil free. any suggestions?

(people who are planning on saying, don't straighten your hair, can save their breath)

thanks! :smile:

I'd help you, but I've honestly no clue at all. Maybe ask your hairdresser?

do you put anything in your hair when you straighten it? when i put stuff in my hair, like the heat protectant, it gets oily. and sometimes i touch my hair too much, which makes it oily too. i think if you have stuff that has oils, that it attracts more dirt/oil. do you know what i'm talking about or understand? lol. i don't know how to really explain it, it's just what i tell myself. hehe

If you do use products, only add them to the ends of your hair. Also, use a clarifying shampoo and conditioner (like one by Pantene) and these are really light and don't contain any oily products.

Other than that, I can't help much. Sorry!

do you have ghd's ?? because these and other strighteners lock in moisture. maybe if you are over strightening a single part over and over then you are locking in to much moisture an so making your hair greasy this is the only thing i oculd think of or its or shamoo and conditiner or hair products making it greasy.

lizzyb831 said:
do you put anything in your hair when you straighten it? when i put stuff in my hair, like the heat protectant, it gets oily. and sometimes i touch my hair too much, which makes it oily too. i think if you have stuff that has oils, that it attracts more dirt/oil. do you know what i'm talking about or understand? lol. i don't know how to really explain it, it's just what i tell myself. hehe

yeah haha i understand what you mean, and i actually think that it was really good advice. sometimes i use a anti frizz syrum and i know that that makes it oily but without it it is oily too.

thank you everyone for your advice!

L'Oreal makes a shampoo called "Sebo Control"... It's a purifying shampoo for oily hair and it works!

I also suggest that you only apply the no-frizz serum to the end of your hair and not the roots. Also keep your hand out of your hair and dont brush your hair too often because that makes hair more oily.

You could also use talcum powder or baby-powder on your roots and then brush it out. The powder absorbs the oil out of your hair.

CelineChic said:
You could also use talcum powder or baby-powder on your roots and then brush it out. The powder absorbs the oil out of your hair.

brilliant. thank you.

Make sure when doing the baby powder thing that you use very little baby powder...otherwise you'll get flakely

I think that the oiliness comes from straightening serum and heat protecting products. I had the same problem so I began to use non serum like products. I find creams are better and your hair will hold the straighteness for longer.

Dry Shampoo

I find spray on Batiste dry shampoo a great boon. No need for talc which I used years ago and it is much lighter. It takes all the grease out, great stuff for lank hair. Also tends to lend a thicker texture to my hair too.
Straightners dont make my hair oily (cept the immediate effect if done with too much product in) overall they are cooking my hair and make it dry and quite nasty. Anyone got any solutions for that?

take care
Sea:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->