Black Fleece: Thom Browne for Brooks Brothers

Dustcakeboy

Reaction score
Thom has just unveiled his foray into womenswear...hope this hasn't been posted already.

March 20, 2007 – Thom Browne introduced Black Fleece, his highly anticipated collection for Brooks Brothers, today on the sixth floor of the company's Madison Avenue flagship. The line encompasses both men's and women's looks, and though Browne has done custom work on a one-on-one basis for female clients hankering for his signature snug jackets and high-water pants, this is the first time he has created a full range of clothes for what the Brooks gent might once have referred to as the fairer sex. "I really had a good time with it," Browne said backstage of the new challenge. "I just want to do beautiful clothes for girls—great jackets, smart trousers, the things they say they want—but push it a little."

By pushing it, he meant, for instance, pleated skirts with waists just below the chest. They're not an especially forgiving shape to wear, and they highlighted some issues with fit particular to women that Browne will need to address before round two. Color, which has made a comeback on other runways, is another area that might be worth exploring in more depth. But with menswear such a strong trend for fall, the timing is right for Browne's herringbone sheaths, trenches, and tuxedo stylings. A little boy's plaid coat worn over an A-line tweed gown with a deep Astrakhan hem was the show's most winning look.

–Nicole Phelps

Source of Article and Pix: Style.com

http://imageshack.us

More imgz at Style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
From what i see here it doesnt look good,
I thought i would be able to go to brooks brothers and buy something (dream on Zam, dream on) but the meanswear looks like grey version of the Hasidic Jews attire.

He had better come with something better than this........and fast.

But with menswear such a strong trend for fall, the timing is right for Browne's herringbone sheaths, trenches, and tuxedo stylings.

what?..:huh:..

i must have missed that completely...:lol:...

softgrey said:

I've seen it ... just haven't been interested in the menswear look for quite some time :wink:

There is two pictures of menswear, ok...

This really does nothing for me, it looks like Ralph Lauren w/ better styling. Whatever, Thom Browne is so overhyped it's not even funny.

The fits on some of those is kind of wonky. I hope Browne won't do too much womenswear in the future...

softgrey said:

As did I, it didn't seem to feature much more than the usual subtle influences...

Isn't that what Brooks Bros. is all about - designs that last the test of time because of their conservative slant? Their quality of construction is quite high, at least by US standards (which unfortunately is not saying much...). :innocent:

ilaughead said:
The fits on some of those is kind of wonky. I hope Browne won't do too much womenswear in the future...

I've seen a woman dressed by him with clothes designed by him and she looked AMAZING. She works in the Tribeca store and I guess she is some Jamacian model from the 90s.

Wait, he has a store in Tribeca? I thought he was only available at Bergdorf's & Barneys?

I must check thier store out...

Diorling said:
Wait, he has a store in Tribeca? I thought he was only available at Bergdorf's & Barneys?

I must check thier store out...

Yes...it's by appointment.

I will *make an appointment* (not waste their time). I love BB. Dependable, dashing, long lasting. Ahh, a relief in this oh so trendy (trivial) season to season world of debatable quality. B)

SomethingElse said:
I will *make an appointment* (not waste their time). I love BB.

Talking about an appointment with Thom Browne's store in Tribeca...not Brooks Brothers.

edited.

:heart: You're a peach! There is nothing better than going to the source! In this case, it is the chalk that will tell the tail, capiche?

I saw such a silver diva explode in an unmentionable fur shop recently, tossing ermine for her pal. It was quite a sight. I loved her exhuberence, and I did applaud her performance, but it was kind of sad when all is said and done. The 'look at me' arm flapping doesn't really intrigue me.

I was not in that shop to shop, mind you.

If you have a problem with another member, either PM them or do it through karma or whatever. But don't subject the rest of us to it and move the thread offtopic.

I saw some preview pictures of this somewhere floating around, i'm sure. Or maybe they were just from a showroom or backstage? anyway i really really love that double breasted suit. It would be killer to take out those weird fug boots and put in a pair of heels or event a simple basic pointed toe flat instead. The first women's look makes me think of an english school boy's uniform. It's a particularly drab shade of grey that you only find in the UK :lol:

Back to the topic at hand.
A) I'm glad that he is doing this line because the $ will allow him to keep Thom Browne small.
B) Get to see his take on women.
C) Also glad that this will be "Brooks Brothers Black Fleece" and not have Thom Browne's name anywhere on it which would perhaps cheapen his own name/line.
D) I don't really plan on buying it; but, will be interesting to see the fruits of his labors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alantrabriggs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->