Black Lipstick/Lipgloss

I love the picture from Vogue Nippon.

It's so strong and femme fatale.

I'd wear it to a night club or party.

Does anyone know where I can buy Chanel Maniac on the net? It's sold out EVERYWHERE!

Cado,

you might have better luck going into a store and special ordering it. I promise you, the salespeople won't bite. :smile: Especially not in Norway. :smile:

I don't think that's possible though, since it's limited edition? Maybe I should give it a try anyways!

Temptalia.com have done a review of Lime Crime lipsticks, and this is how the shade Styletto turned out (temptalia.com:(

Attachments

• Styletto.jpg
    Styletto.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 0
Photo by Amy Clarke:

gothic-makeup.jpg

from enjoy-your-style.com

A MUFE review from temptalia.com:

Going Basic Black with Make Up For Ever

Make Up For Ever #50 Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick ($19.00 for 0.12 oz.) is a semi-matte black. It’s black–that’s really all it is–no subtle nuances of black but a real, dark black. To get well-defined edges, use a lip brush or even line with black eyeliner prior to lipstick application (which will also provide better wear). The only area I had trouble keeping the color in place was in the center of my lips, where the area tends to fleshier and sits more inside the mouth.

My thoughts on the formula: The Rouge Artist Intense formula is typically opaque, and while it’s not a moisturizing lipstick, it’s not a drying one either, though it does not feel creamy against the lips (it may take a little more pressure to apply than your average lipstick). With lighter shades, I see four hours of wear, but with darker shades, I get around five to six hours of wear.

Attachments

• MUFE Black 1.jpg
    MUFE Black 1.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 0
  • MUFE Black 2.jpg
    MUFE Black 2.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 0
  • MUFE Black 3.jpg
    MUFE Black 3.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 0
  • MUFE Black 4.jpg
    MUFE Black 4.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 1
Love it on Charlotte Free:

stylebistrofw201105.jpg
stylebistrofw201115.jpg

stylebistro

I want to try this look, it's kind of sexy.

Ladies. Please. Don't. As a relatively normal straight guy, I ask of you; do not do this.

Ah, but black lipstick isn't worn to please mere mortal men - it's what Satan thinks that matters.

Also, @vegamagnus, it may come as a surprise, but plenty of ladies aren't dressing to appeal to men :P

@psylocke loooove it on charlotte free there.

I also just realised I posted in this thread really hesitantly almost two years ago -- and now I wear black or near-black lipstick all the time without a second thought! It's become my go-to default for going out at night, though I've been playing with wacky colours (blue and purple and neon orange) lately too. I've amassed quite a collection of black and black-ish lipsticks though:

8xlj6r.png

MAC Film Noir which is a matte black-red, obsessed

182874_10150136256100250_668910249_8358335_7642705_n.jpg

all three of us wearing the MUFE one posted a while back... oops. This stuff really is good, it's thick and shiny and last surprisingly long especially if you do the eyeliner-as-liner-trick also mentioned above!

40957_553837418295_8400050_32460373_1706177_n.jpg

red lipstick using black eyeliner and shadow as liner

Last edited by a moderator:
^OMG, I love those! I need Vampire's Vineyard (I cannot stand the cliché goth design of that website, though, haha)

^OMG, I love those! I need Vampire's Vineyard (I cannot stand the cliché goth design of that website, though, haha)

yeah, the website is aweful, but her products are awesome. I have a few of the lipsticks, they last forever.

I have talked back and forth with the owner and she runs everything almost by herself and still has a day job. So that might be why. I hope someday the website will get better :smile:

^Sounds interesting. I read some of the infos on the website, I love that she makes most of the products on the site herself but she definitely isn't doing herself any favors with that webdesign, if you hadn't linked to the lipsticks I would never even have clicked through the products because I would have expected the usual goth store with the usual punk & goth gear.
Would love to order some of her stuff, but because it's such a small business she's not offering any decent international shipping options, unfortunately.

I ordered some dark lipsticks which finally arrived today. I was curious to see what they looked like and didn't bother removing the black eyeliner first but I don't think it actually looks all that bad/too goth? I definitely like the reddish black much better than the pitch black one.

(my pics)

Attachments

• ST832965.jpg
    ST832965.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 2
  • ST832995s.jpg
    ST832995s.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 3
I love really deep almost black plums and reds. Looks delicious.

@psylocke i love the reddish black! you can probably rock the solid black as well too but with less eyeliner and maybe your hair back? or just do it for a nightlife look when going all-out will be fine :smile:

@24hourteaparty omg those are amazing! i love some of those other colours there too, like the awful irridescent purples and blacks with the green or blue sheen! perfect! Have you used those lip balms specifically and do they tend to bleed/feather/smear a lot? getting my darker lipstick to last more than an hour is always a challenge.

^Thanks! I think the black lipstick washes me out too much but since I'm dying my hair back to dark purple I'll give that look another shot then (maybe with some cute pale lilac eye shadow and no eyeliner). And I realized I really need to use lipliner to make my lips look more contoured, especially because the the lipstick I used does smear a bit, too.

@psylocke i love the reddish black! you can probably rock the solid black as well too but with less eyeliner and maybe your hair back? or just do it for a nightlife look when going all-out will be fine :smile:

@24hourteaparty omg those are amazing! i love some of those other colours there too, like the awful irridescent purples and blacks with the green or blue sheen! perfect! Have you used those lip balms specifically and do they tend to bleed/feather/smear a lot? getting my darker lipstick to last more than an hour is always a challenge.

I have not bought them myself yet. (I will, but my funds are low so it might be awhile.) But the reviews I have seen are very good.

Here are some I found.
http://erinmikesell.com/theprettyexclusive/2011/08/morgana-cryptoria-lip-balm-review-swatches/

http://cydonianmakeup.blogspot.com/2011/07/morgana-cryptoria-lip-balms-review.html

http://hebrideanspritebeauty.blogspot.com/2011/08/morgana-cryptoria-lip-balms-review.html

http://legothique.com/2011/08/03/pick-of-the-week-22/

A Lip Tar gloss (temptalia.com:(

OCC Little Black Dress Lip Tar Stained Gloss ($18.00 for 0.33 fl. oz.) is described as a “sheer veil of black pigment.” It may look like a medium black when squeezed out of the tube, but applied, it’s exactly as described: a sheer wash of black–it gives lips a gray-cast, takes my natural color and gives it a cooler tone, and then a glossy shine. Even though it’s rather sheer, there was some settling into lip lines. Urban Decay Oil Slick (DC, $22.00) is similar in its sheer, gray-tinge. MAC also had Blackware eons ago, which was similar. See comparison swatches.

Alone, the glossiness and subtle gray-ish tint seems to last around four hours on me. It has a very gel-like consistency, wasn’t tacky, and was comfortable to wear. The backbone of Lip Tars is really their versatility and mixability, so naturally, I layered this over a red lipstick (Marc Jacobs Showstopper), and it’s a quick way to instantly vamp-up your favorite lip color. It darkens, cools down, and adds a high-shine, glossy finish. Because it is sheerer, it doesn’t overwhelm the color. It does take careful blending to ensure an even layer of color.

This color will be available beginning Black Friday (the 29th) and will be added to the permanent range at occmakeup.com. It will also be available as a gift with purchase on $75+ orders placed between 11/29 and 12/2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->