Blackberry

I went in today to get a Blackberry, and the employee told me that $35 goes on top of my regular bill. How :censored: ridiculous!

I mean, sure, the web browsing is probably a hell of a lot better since not all websites have customized looks for cell phones. But, why so much? :huh: The employee also told me that any other cell phone that gets Internet pretty much does the same thing. So, what's the difference? Would you pick a Blackberry over another phone anyway?

^^ yes. i wouldn't want another cell phone than the BB. the iphone is pretty cool too but i don't like touch screen, so...

I just can't imagine tacking on anymore than $10 on top of my cell phone bill. The AT&T people add on $20 while Verizon adds $35. :ninja: Really, REALLY?

^^
i don't know about the plan there, but in indonesia i have to add about 20$ for my bb service to run (like the browser, mails, bbm and other messengers) and it really worth to pay because it really made my life so much easier. the phone and text message is apart from the 20$ but i rarely call or text people anymore now so it save me heaps of bills too
i have 4 mail accs on my bb each for personal, work and other business. people can update me anytime and i can control what's connected to work from wherever i am.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just upgraded my Curve 8300 to a 8900 and its PERFECT :heart:

I really want to get a Blackberry but I don't know if $20 on top of my bill for "special" internet is worth it. It sounds great, but it's difficult to convince my mother. :hardhead: Other phones get onto the internet just fine, so I don't know if a Blackberry would be any better. Can anyone gimme a good argument?

Where I live they don´t charge "special" internet.
But I convinced my parents telling them how amazing the mail service was
(I don´t even work so the "I have my office in my pocket!" argument doesn't work :rofl:)

Hopefully, I'll be getting a Blackberry Curve tomorrow and I'm super excited! I've asked those that have a Blackberry and they all love theirs.

^ the Blackberry Curve it great. I have one and I haven't had any major problems with it so far. I even dropped it on concrete accidentally, the trackball came off and it was very easy to put back all fixed. I guess I was just lucky though.

I would suggest getting skin for your phone, it makes it more secure.

Thanks, JJ! I got the Curve, and definitely got a skin for it, but I'll try not to drop it. :smile:

Nevermind my question.. I got it :D

Last edited by a moderator:
i love my blackberry curve although every now and then i get mixed up tipping in my messages due to the small keypads... i have mine with a white skin and it looks great!

I really want to get a Blackberry but I don't know if $20 on top of my bill for "special" internet is worth it. It sounds great, but it's difficult to convince my mother. :hardhead: Other phones get onto the internet just fine, so I don't know if a Blackberry would be any better. Can anyone gimme a good argument?

have you tried threatening your service provider saying you will leave as you have found better deals with free internet? :rofl: thats how I got my unlimited internet access for free...I had found better offers though and they didnt want to lose a 5 year customer I guess!

Has anyone been experiencing MAJOR AIM lags? I've been troubleshooting on crackberry forums and decided to upgrade my version. I thought the problem was resolved but it's proving to be a problem again. IT'S SO FRUSTRATING.

^YES! It's really annoying. Actually, every time I try to sign into AIM, it signs me off right away telling me there's an internal error. I'm about to try to reinstall AIM and see if that works out for me. Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->