Blake Lively & Leonardo DiCaprio Dating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
... Let's agree to disagree on this agee, and leave it at that.

Just to mention it, I can think of at least a couple of examples of young actresses who got known for their talents and acting abilities rather than things hat have nothing to do with acting (jennifer lawrence and carey mulligan, for example) who have far, FAR, healthier careers than Blake. A producer is much more likely to take his chances on an impressive unkown than on a mediocre actress who happens to be a fixture on fashion mags - make no mistake about this, Blake is choosing the Camila Belle career path, and without something of substance to back it up, it can only take her so far.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just to put his in perspective after The Town got some buzz for Blake, her rep Leslie would leak to the press all of her auditions stating that she was up for:

Batman (the latest sequel) - she lost out on that.

New Taylor Lautner action movie (sorry to lazy to google it) - it was a part of the gf, she did not book the part.

She was up for the prequel to the Wizard of Oz movie with James Franco and Mila Kunis - she lost out on that as well.

She of course read for the Gatsby - Carrey Mulligan was cast.

She auditioned for Gravity a huge Warner Bros. project - she also failed to book that movie. Although to be fair they did change direction of the screenplay and go with Bullock and Clooney.

She finally booked the Savages role of the girlfriend (the new Oliver Stone flick) after Jennifer Lawrence turned down the role.

^that's embarrassing! Oh goodness. What is all this fame doing for her? Smh. Miss two-vogue covers indeed
Posted via Mobile Device

Getting those two covers for Vogue and being a Chanel girl hasn't helped her career then.

It's Monday tomorrow, maybe we'll get some more pictures of them globe trotting. I honestly don't see this as a serious relationship, I think Leo is rebounding and he's just looking to have a bit of fun.

Just getting famous without talent is for the kim Ks and paris hiltons of the world. Al least they get away with it. Too bad no-one told her that
Posted via Mobile Device

Getting those two covers for Vogue and being a Chanel girl hasn't helped her career then.

It's Monday tomorrow, maybe we'll get some more pictures of them globe trotting. I honestly don't see this as a serious relationship, I think Leo is rebounding and he's just looking to have a bit of fun.

Again it shows you how this agressive pr campaign is hurting her, Leslie would leak every single role she was trying to get and then she did not get any of them, and Blake just came out looking like a fool.

^ And need I point out that the turning point for both Paris and Kim was a sex tape? Just saying... :innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to put his in perspective after The Town got some buzz for Blake, her rep Leslie would leak to the press all of her auditions stating that she was up for:

Batman (the latest sequel) - she lost out on that.

New Taylor Lautner action movie (sorry to lazy to google it) - it was a part of the gf, she did not book the part.

She was up for the prequel to the Wizard of Oz movie with James Franco and Mila Kunis - she lost out on that as well.

She of course read for the Gatsby - Carrey Mulligan was cast.

She auditioned for Gravity a huge Warner Bros. project - she also failed to book that movie. Although to be fair they did change direction of the screenplay and go with Bullock and Clooney.

She finally booked the Savages role of the girlfriend (the new Oliver Stone flick) after Jennifer Lawrence turned down the role.

while true, we must also remember that every other a-list and b-list actress that tried out for those roles ALSO lost out except for those cast. let's not pretend that she stood as the only actress that went out for these roles nor that she's the only one who got rejected. her publicist rightly leaked these things because it shows that she's in the game on that level (even if she didn't get the part:( trust me, there exist some other names that didn't even get auditions.

Yeah, I don't see that really happening. When Brad went on Friends, it was an Emmy-winning show with very high ratings. Also, his career was all about commercial success at the time, not critical (he was making films like Oceans 11/12 and Troy). He was a movie star who could do a guest appearance on a critically and commercially successful show.

On the other hand, Gossip Girl is a teen show with terrible ratings and no awards or critical praise. And Leo has his sights set on an Oscar so he's only doing Oscar-bait films (like J. Edgar Hoover and Gatsby). You don't put your Oscar-bound actor on a tanking teen show because that takes away from his acting credibility. I can see Leo doing an appearance on 30 Rock, but not Gossip Girl.

But in regards to distance/schedules splitting them up... modeling is a profession that requires constant travel. I'm sure Leo is used to long-distance relationships because he was basically in one for nine years (4 with Gisele, 5 with Bar). I don't see distance being a problem on his end. Besides, if all those cheating/playboy rumors are to be believed, he quite enjoys it when he is away from his girlfriends.

in the end, i think we agree. i do not mean to imply that blake lively is as famous as jenifer aniston nor do i mean to give the impression that "gossip girl" as big of a ratings' juggernaut as friends. i CERTAINLY do not wish to say that leonardo dicarprio has the same star power of brad pitt nor give the impression that they're at the same point in their careers. my point remains that if two people on the top of their game like brad pitt (during his i-don't-get-out-of-bed-for-less-than-$20M phase) and jennifer aniston (during her $1M/episode phase) could manage to make it work for as long as they did, this little relationship won't crumble due to "conflicting schedule."

... Let's agree to disagree on this agee, and leave it at that.

Just to mention it, I can think of at least a couple of examples of young actresses who got known for their talents and acting abilities rather than things hat have nothing to do with acting (jennifer lawrence and carey mulligan, for example) who have far, FAR, healthier careers than Blake. A producer is much more likely to take his chances on an impressive unkown than on a mediocre actress who happens to be a fixture on fashion mags - make no mistake about this, Blake is choosing the Camila Belle career path, and without something of substance to back it up, it can only take her so far.
Posted via Mobile Device
Make no mistake about it, this is not true, except for the fixture in fashion magazines part - People, Cosmo, InStyle and maybe Glamour and GQ carry more weight, in fact not only is being known a factor in getting cast, but it is also a factor in pay, specifically the actors who get paid eight figures for a movie are getting that amount, not because of their talent and Oscar nominations / wins, but because they can promote the film in hopes of the film opening big, this is not something that I am making up, it is well documented. I am not trying to assert that there is only one way to achieve success in Hollywood and get cast in films, it depends on the nature of the film, its budget, if there are other known actors in the cast, the actor's fit for the role and yes talent, but make no mistake about it, there is a place in Hollywood for the Jennifer Lawrences and Carey Mulligans as well as the Blake Livelys.

P.S.
I don't think the fact that Blake has auditioned for roles and lost out on more roles than she booked is proof of anything other than the fact that she is a star of a niche TV show and has been considered for roles along side Oscar nominees. Furthermore, Blake has actually been cast in major films including one that received several Oscar nominations and she has a role in a big budget summer film, so while she and her PR team have made missteps, she is definitely not failing by a long shot.

@Agee, although being famous, and having a presence in the magazines is important your argument (and I say this with all due respect) is misquided. I don't want to write a lengthy dissertation here because it would be off toipc (but it would be great if we could start like public realtions thread or something) but in short here is a quote from Bradley Cooper:

"a director does not look at an UsWeekly magazine and say yeah I want to hire that douche"

Trust me when I say this overexposure has hurt a lot of actors, especially female actresses. And if your comments were correct MERYL STREEP should not be working in Hollywood today, instead she is one of the most in demand actors out there at the age of 60!!! And may I remind you that Meryl Streep never ever courted the press.

And finally Look at KATIE HOLMES and the state her acting career is in. Need I say more.

^I think what agee meant is that there is a market for both the Meryl's and the Kate Winslets and the Carey's as well as the like of Blake Lively. Jennifer Aniston isn't a terribly great actress, and it's odds on that she might never pick up an Oscar, but she is still a star, she is still one of the most highly paid actresses and her movies make millions.

But the rub is that Blake Lively is no Jennifer Aniston. Admittedly Jen isn't terribly talented, but she's got that je ne sais quoi which made people like her on Friends. Blake doesn't have that quality, that elusive star power. Gossip Girl enjoys a very small viewership, and cannot be counted as a very successful show. Being on GG hasn't helped Blake's career the way being on Friends helped Jen's. Even before Jen branched into films, she was HUGELY popular in her own right, which Blake isn't. Jen is the exception, not the norm. Very few actresses who are successful today have managed to establish said successful careers without the acting chops to back them up.

So. Blake is neither here nor there, at the moment. She can't be taken seriously as an actress, neither does she have the charisma and charm and comic timing of Jennifer. So she really doesn't fit anywhere. She doesn't get cast in serious arty Oscar bait films like Gatsby because she isn't a good actress. She's got a great body, but so do loads of other actresses like Megan Fox and Scarlett who are not only very sexy, but are also a household name unlike Blake. There's no kind of movie Blake is tailor made for, unlike Jennifer who is a pro at romantic comedies.

@Pavonine, yes you are totally right. And yes I guess now I see what Agee is saying. I guess Blake is like Jessica Biel,who basically is also always up fopr everything but only gets the Girlfriend roles in action movies, and I guess she had the Timberlake romance to up her profile which in the end did not help her acting career at all. Although it did get her the Revlon campaign and Vogue cover.

^ True! Barring Jennifer, few, if any, actresses who are successful today have managed to establish said successful careers without the acting chops to back them up. Angelina, Nicole, Halle, Charlize... all of them have proved that they can act! A career cannot be built based on magazine covers and invites to Chanel shows. For the longevity of her career, she needs to sort out her priorities. Nobody will object to the exposure if only her achievements warrant it!

To me Halle Berry is an example of someone of limited acting ability who used her looks and PR tactics to attain A-list status and ultimately win an Oscar. I like Halle, she looks great on the red carpet and can hold my interest in a six minute interview, and qualities like that are currency in Hollywood.

"a director does not look at an UsWeekly magazine and say yeah I want to hire that douche"
But the producers and film companies putting up the money will.

MODERATORS NOTE: WHILE THIS IS THE RUMOR HAS IT SECTION THIS IS NOT A BLAKE LIVELY BASHING THREAD. WHILE OPINIONS ARE WELCOMED, CONSTANT AND REPEATED NEGATIVITY AND BASHING IS NOT ALLOWED ACCORDING TO OUR COMMUNITY RULES. THIS THREAD HAS GONE OFF TOPIC AND WE WILL BE MONITORING THIS THREAD VERY CLOSELY, SO PLEASE STAY ON THE TOPIC AND TRY NOT TO STEER THE CONVERSATIONS ONTO OFF TOPIC TERRITORY.

THANK YOU:flower:

Do you think Leo will fly to LA with Blake for the MTV movie awards?
I don't think he will attend the show, but I wonder if he will come with her.

maybe he'll attend afterparties or something? i think Inception's in few categories,so, even if he appears, it will seemingly be to support the movie tho i don't know if Leo ever attended MTV awards? dunno.

EDIT: there's not one pic on Getty of him ever attending MTV awards apart from a shoot thank-you speech for the award he won in 2005.

I´m sure she is already in L.A. as she will attend the show in a couple of hours... as to his whereabouts? who knows...

I hope she can cope with the pressure over her exposure pics and all the gossip that is flying around and will do fine tonight - no matter what her advisors do I still believe that being young and being in the spotlight is difficult and honestly she did not do anything ´bad´as far as we know...not everyone is gifted with exceptional talent and I believe that she along with the people advising her are trying to open doors for her and getting a foot into showbusiness as it is clear that GG will see its end soon...I am sure that many other actors and actresses who started out on TV shows would take on similar decisions if offered (brand endorsements, magazines, interviews, red carpet appearances, small roles in movies...), though of course it is nothing that has a long time guarantee...dating Leo one of the things . it´s not something that secures feature jobs or whatever, but I believe she likes him and it seems he is into her so we´ll see what will happen ...

looking forward to tonight...maybe she will be walking the Red Carpet along with Leighton? Now that would be something :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRRMRA75T06D157E
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->