Blumarine F/W 2022.23 Milan

This needs some editing.

Some looks veer too far into vulgar and and there is so much going on in single looks and as a collection that it's exhausting to look at. No need for all those rouched items that have been a fashionova staple for years already now.

I do somewhat like the sloppiness of some looks and this coked out party girl aesthetic but the designer hasn't proven he is much of a designer yet. He is curating looks from early 2000s. How long can that last? I want to know what he has to say, if anything.

i liked the darker colour palette this season it felt a bit less "girly"

"Roxanne" by Police comes to my mind..."you just don´t have to put on the red light!!"

But there she is. On the red light again.

The opening numbers were wonderful! I absolutely adore the rose collared dresses and knits and those SHOES! I think it’s a great mix of new ideas + old ideas, I think it’s smart if Nicola to still target the Gen Z girls with those European trash dresses.

On another note, I think the casting is excellent! It’s actually more convincing to see “Average” body types strutting the catwalk in clothing that would actually work on their bodies!

I see Tom Ford's Fall 2002 Gucci collection and his Spring 2003 YSL collection.

But like...the Fashion Nova versions of those collections...

I feel with this collection that he’s finally exhausted his little bag of early-aught’s tricks. It’s not cohesive at all and you can feel his hesitation the moment he steps out of the Bratz’ closet.

A hit of a collection IMO, very confident, strong and quite sexy. I love the strong colour palette (especially the pairing of purple and red), all the ruched detailing and flashbacks to Tom Ford's Gucci and Yves Saint Laurent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->