Blumarine S/S 2024 Milan

Victoria’s Secret for Blumarine!

Jokes aside, I like the collection, it has some great pieces.

did they get a budget cut or something? this feels a world away from his other shows (which were great, absolutely loved last season especially) there's some gorgeous stuff but the styling is really boring and set even drier.

did they get a budget cut or something? this feels a world away from his other shows (which were great, absolutely loved last season especially) there's some gorgeous stuff but the styling is really boring and set even drier.
I had the same feeling about budget.

The first part reminded me of "Search for the Golden Fleece" McQueen debut collection for Givenchy...but in a budget and totally watered-down for mass consumption.

Brognano doesn’t look amused or impressed at all. Something is shifting behind the scenes it feels that goes a little further than budget cuts (only assuming here, but his face says a lot).

The whole thing they were doing was starting to get played out, in a similar way to Diesel. There is an attempt here, but a lot of this has moved into that awkward late-2000s/early-2010s look of Blumarine look that doesn’t really do much at all.

It's all over the place here. ButI do love the wings. They are marvelous.

the gold leather culottes are really puzzling to me - and we got two of them. If there were budget cuts; the allocation of left over resources is questionable.

a dud of a collection. The wings are the best part. It feels like clubwear for the senior citizen customer.

id like to see LaQuan do Blumarine.

Last edited:
Brognano doesn’t look amused or impressed at all. Something is shifting behind the scenes it feels that goes a little further than budget cuts (only assuming here, but his face says a lot).

The whole thing they were doing was starting to get played out, in a similar way to Diesel. There is an attempt here, but a lot of this has moved into that awkward late-2000s/early-2010s look of Blumarine look that doesn’t really do much at all.
Even the blank white setting, U-shaped runway and show cinematography reminds me of early 10s Milan Fashion Week. A smoke machine à la Courrèges would've easily solved that issue.

I hope that whatever's happening at Blumarine isn't too serious, especially considering that Brognano closed his label for this job. It has been three and-a-half years, so he could be coming up to the end of his tenure. Part of me does think that it will be renewed, considering the immense coverage and success Blumarine has been having the last two years.

If he is at a loss on where to go, I suggest that he goes further back into Blumarine's history (80s/early 90s) or has a look at (re) emerging aesthetics that could be modified to the his vision. He could also do with releasing a couple of "cash cow" items like a bag or earrings to stabilise sales.

This is VERY early 2000s. Mariah Carey is going to buy this collection WHOLE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BazzAstrall1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->