Body Shape: Pear, hourglass or petite

coolsista19

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I have a hard time figuring out what body shape I am. I keep doing research and still I dont get what body shape I am. I am going to start going shopping to buy new clothes cause I have lost some weight. But I wanted to determine what body shape I am before doing that. Well I am 5'5 and weight 130. My bust is 34DD, I have a waist of 27/28 and my hip is 39. Am I pear shape, hourglass or just petite?

Thanks! :rolleyes:

I'm no good with measurments, but I'm sure you can assume considering that your bust and hips are wide while your waist is very small. HOURGLASS.

well those categories themselves are quite limiting as technically i am ALL of those above descriptions. I'm 5'3 and a size US 10/12 and I don't exactly match the hourglass porportions (I think you waist is supposed to be 10 inches smaller than your hips and bust) I'm quite close so......i guess my point is as long as you know what works on your body. But it seems to be you are technically an hourglass. I really wouldn't consider anyone 5'5 petite.

i'm not good with measurements either. going from your big bust, larger hips and small waist, it sounds like an hourglass like papa said.
but your measurements are 34-27-39 so you sound like a pear.

can you show a picture?
are your legs shorter, do you have a longer torso? are your thighs more heavy and your upper body more slim?= pear

this might sound lame :lol: but right now i'm waiting for trinny and susannah's new book called The Body Shape Bible- can't wait! Apparently they've surveyed a lot of women and come up with 12 different body shapes like the 'skittle' or the 'cone' and the 'brick' etc. Maybe if you have access to that (sneak a peak at the bookshop) you can take a flick through.

i agree with meg! re: it doesn't matter just as long as you know what works on your body.

Justlooking,

My legs are not short but not very long but I think it fit with my body shape. I think my torso is more on the short side but not too short. My hip is very thick but my legs aren't. With the measurement of my body I give out it may seem like I have slim upper body but to me it doesn't look slim. Maybe because I am a double D or because my torso is not long enough.

Sometimes, I think I am more of a pear shape but then I don't. I think because I am a double DD, I always assumed to be pear-shape you would have to be small chested. This is where I'm always getting myself confused. I just want to know what shape I am so I can buy the right clothes inside of buying things that would look silly on me. I don't care what shape I am as long as I get it right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Supposedly I'm a pear, but that doesn't seem right ... I don't have wide hips or a big butt.

I saw an article somewhere that described my body type as a skittle / bowling pin ... all of my proportions are average except for my tree-trunk legs. :cry:

EDITED TO ADD: Just found the article! clicky--> Trinny and Susannah reveal 12 women's body types - which are you? I feel sorry for the "Brick" ... they couldn't have used a nicer word?

That seems interesting. But my body looks nothing like that. But I can understand why these women were picked. Thanks.

I feel sorry for the "Brick" ... they couldn't have used a nicer word?

I don't think any of those names sound very nice.

I think I'm nothing. It's just confusing.

I did my measurements, though quickly. And I'm not sure where to measure my hips.

I think I'm 36-29-36. (I'm 5'7".) I was thinking hourglass, but my waist is only 7" smaller. When I accentuate my waist with clothes, I really don't see anything amazing. I used to think I was a pear because of my huge ***, and my thighs are noticebly wider than my hips. But I don't know.

I used to think I was pear shaped, but my boobs are quite large, so now (after looking at the article) I think I'm a vase? Or a skittle? Hmm... I have a very small torso, except for my boobs and then I have wide hips...

Hmmm... :unsure:

I also think you're most likely an hourglass even if your waist is not exactly 10 inches smaller than your bust and hips.

This 12 body shape thing is interesting, but I haven't the faintest idea of what shape I am. I don't look much like any of the women on there (but it is difficult to tell when taller and shorter women have been squashed or stretched to look the same height). I always thought I was a petite pear with measurements of 86-64-89/34-25-35 and a height of 158 cm/5'2", but then they say I should have saddlebags, undefined calves and ankles, and enormous thighs. My thighs are definitely curvy, but my legs (ankles included) are still slim and well-defined. They are much slimmer than those of the woman representing the pear shape.

However, my boobs are still growing even though I'm in my early twenties, so maybe one day I will look like the skinny version of the hourglass. LOL

I don't really know what shape I am either. I'm 5'3" and 34-24-35, but I have wide shoulders.

Same eurasian. I was like yeah I'm a pear but i have nice calves and ankles too!

I don't really know what shape I am either. I'm 5'3" and 34-24-35, but I have wide shoulders.
You are still a small hourglass IMO

Eurasian: You could still be a pear, but I think you are probably a hourglass

As for myself, I am 5'9, 32-26-35 I am either a pear or ruler, I have slim untouching upper thigh legs and broadish shoulders .....

i'm somewhere between a lollipop and a cornet.... 5'9 30-23-34......

i'm the same ^ i think i'm between a lollipop and a pear : 32-24-35, 5'7"

I just measured myself and I am 32 - 26 - 32 so am I little hourglass? I don't know. All I know is I hate buying trousers with my waist

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->