Body Shape: Pear, hourglass or petite

Maybe this will help a bit
bodyshape.gif

(diet-blog.com)

^According this I'm a rectangle..

But I still don't know how to dress accordingly.

I found an even better site to figure out your shape: www.myshape.com

You need to put in a lot of different measurements (not only bust, waist and hips) to figure out which shape you are closest to and there are seven shapes you can be.

You also need to sign up to the site, choose your style, what colours suit you and so on, but if you're really dying to know what shape you are, I guess it is worth it.

On that site I came out as a shape S (pretty much an hourglass).

Hello Guys,

I have a hard time figuring out what body shape I am. I keep doing research and still I dont get what body shape I am. I am going to start going shopping to buy new clothes cause I have lost some weight. But I wanted to determine what body shape I am before doing that. Well I am 5'5 and weight 130. My bust is 34DD, I have a waist of 27/28 and my hip is 39. Am I pear shape, hourglass or just petite?

Thanks! :rolleyes:
I think you're pear shaped,hourglass depends more on the difference between rib cage- waist- hips,boobs aren't that important(despite the Hollywood idea big boobs doesn't make you curvy-Angelina Jolie often described as "Hourglass"is in fact a lollipop),try turning with you back in front of a mirror,if you look like hourglass than that's your shape,if you look peared shaped than that's it.You could be a pear with a full bust,at least what your measurements show me,you have big breasts,a small back and full hips.You don't necessarily have to fit that pattern to be pear shaped,for example a good friend of mine is clearly pear shaped but has great lookin ankles(despite what T&S say).
I've gained a couple of pounds and my measurements are 91-71:smile:doh:smile:-92 so I don't have a difference of at least 10'(25 cm) between my waist and my hips but I still have an hourglass figure since all the weight went to my belly and not my waist.So measurements don't always reflect your shape.

Kalli

Thanks a lot! That was very helpful. I think I am pear shaped as well. I guess thats why I had a hard time accepting that I am hourglass- because my measurement says I am hourglass, but when I look in the mirror, I feel like I am more of a pear shaped. But then I felt maybe I wasnt becuase of my double D breasts and it was known that pear shaped are smaller up there. But even though I am a DD my busts does not look that big, in fact, some have thought I was a C. But thanks again, it was very helpful! :-D

I used that site a while ago , I'm an S... I think.

I always get confused about where to measure my hips though. I know it's the widest part but some measure just above the abdomen which isn't the widest part on my body.

38-27-40

Yeah I'm not in proportion haha !

I'm intrigued by the idea of this "spoon" body. Never heard that one before.

I'm a typical pear, too. 5'7, 33-22.5-34.5 (My bust is 33" because I have a broad rib cage, but my boobs are rather small :blush: )

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess hourglass with slight tendency to pear shape :smile:D) based on the definitions on previous page. I`m 35.5-26.4-35.8.

Oh wait, do you measure chest around or under boobs?

I'm totally a pear shape. Just like all the women in my family. My measurments are 32b chest size, 22 inch waist, 32 around the fullest part of my hips. That article is definitely right. Small boobs, tiny waist, and all my fat goes to my hips and saddlebags. I also have problems toning my legs and calves. They're not my best feature. I have a bubble butt so I try to emphasize that and my waist.
2849054447_eb9eaf39c3.jpg

2849886236_c5d3cc193f.jpg

my own pics.

^ We have very similar body shape annd i have that same dress lol if it's the one from American Apparel! I'm a pear shape but i don't have particularly wide hips, just a rear end that sticks out a lot and 32 inch B chest. I wish i was more hourglass though, my friend is proper hourglass with long legs and she looks amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->