Books On Make Up

I love the Aucoin books. I'm going to look for the Nars one.

My Face Forward book has arrived some weeks ago.
I must be honest, i was a bit disapointed comparing to the Making Faces book (which i LOVE), mainly because it had somethings repeated, but it´s a great book anyway :smile:

There is also a sense of passé when i saw the book, the other one i mentioned: the "Make Up Book" has a totally different aproach which is more edgy and with small tips that come to be more useful than the ones in Kevyn Aucoin book.
When you are in the business, you come to realise that most of the magic comes from details rather than the repeated basic explanations in some books.

Just my 2 cents :smile:

wow i hadn't heard of the nars book. it sounds really good!

my mom gave me the bobbi brown teenage beauty book for christmas a long time ago and it really doesn't contain much that you can't read in teen magazines...all those vague instructions, all the conventional knowledge...

i considered purchasing an aucoin book (can't remember which one i looked at) and i remember thinking that all the makeup looks were the same (same colors on each actress featured..).

i would love to get my hands on something like a textbook for makeup application--really technical, you know? talking about things like the "movable lid" etc. and color mixing and bone structure and things like that. does anyone know of a book like that?

I Like MAKE UP BOOK

1,Making Faces

2,Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual: For Everyone from Beginner to Pro

3, Makeup is Art: Professional Techniques for Creating Original Looks

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JordanKefiell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"