How do you get the best make up for your look?

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by Adrina, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Adrina

Adrina New Member

Hi Everyone..,

I was wondering people got nice look on everytime "makeup new collection" in store. Do you try the complete make up in the corner or you just knew what you want and buy it?

Need some advices from you. Thanks.

2. The_Ida

The_Ida In Bloom

I try to go with everything that goes with my own colours. Like a super peachy blush will look like eczema on me :smile:lol:smile:, but a coral or pink most likely wont because they match my skin tone much better. I think it's important to find a salesperson that you trust, and it's also very important to see how the products look on your skin in daylight. Trial and error is really the only way to go...

3. michyed

michyed THE STRANGER

Definitely try out the products! Though I have this problem with hygiene and makeup counters... So maybe you could just look at swatches on temptalia.com

I pretty much only suit the pale skin and smokey eyes look. My face looks fat with blush :lol:

4. Aqua Tofana

Aqua Tofana Active Member

Always try.
    Each and every time I bought makeup without trying it I got disappointed.

5. clocked

clocked Active Member

i go with brands & colors i know work for me: Urban Decay, Too Faced, Nars...i've bought enough bad makeup/impulse buys to know what colors work for me & don't.

However, if you want to be sure, try it out, in person, before buying. I've been very satisfied by doing this, & now through trial & error, can order everything online.

6. Adrina

Adrina New Member

Really really nice advice...... thankyou all for all details and opinion.