Botkier Bags

Hi everyone, I'm just wondering if there are any ways to tell if a Botkier, specifically the Trigger, is a fake or not? I'm just buffing up my 'how to spot a fake' skills :P

trepidationdream said:
Hi everyone, I'm just wondering if there are any ways to tell if a Botkier, specifically the Trigger, is a fake or not? I'm just buffing up my 'how to spot a fake' skills :P

They are usually stiff, have this weird chemically treated leather smell (of course if you're purchasing on ebay, you wouldn't be able to tell), and have regular pebbled leather. My botkier trigger has pebbled leather, but it's irregularly pebbled and very soft. The fakes don't, since they use cheap leather.

When I saw those fakes in China, they looked exactly like the real thing. I'm not kidding, I have a pretty sharp eye and the slightest differences would set off an alarm for me. They even had the exact same paper tags with purple strings, and authenticity card. It was ridiculous. I was pretty mad, since I was carrying my real trigger at the time. :flower:

If you want to buy from ebay, I'd bid on auctions without stock photos (photos that are usually borrowed from websites such as neiman marcus, etc). Please don't dismiss bags without the tassles- since the first bags that came out had tab pulls, and I believe it was a feature you could customize recently. Be extra weary of browns and that cognac- The fakes I saw were in that color.

Here's a bag that's a good example of the irregular pebbled leather.
ebay auction #6875635226
If you look at the third picture, you'll see that the pebbling is different.

Alright. It sucks that there's no guide on botkier, like there is for balenciaga- but I hope this helps! :flower:

Dude, I've been seeing these bags everywhere lately. I was down in West Hollywood, and there were a lot of women carrying triggers in dark, like brownish colors. Lots of girls at my school have them too.

I've never held one before- are they soft? Comfortable? I'm just wondering because everyone seems to like them so much

spiralsnowman said:
Dude, I've been seeing these bags everywhere lately. I was down in West Hollywood, and there were a lot of women carrying triggers in dark, like brownish colors. Lots of girls at my school have them too.

I've never held one before- are they soft? Comfortable? I'm just wondering because everyone seems to like them so much

hi spiral! I don't know about the ones they're pumping out right now, but I love mine. It's the almond color from last spring and has buttery soft leather. I don't find it too trendy, I usually like to carry mine with the side without the zippers out for people to see. It's pretty darn practical! (without the 1K price tag) It also happens to be my first pricey (grown-up) bag, purchased with my grown-up salary! :flower:

Thanks to this thread, I rediscovered how much I love my trigger (after I put it away for a very long time and paid too much attention to my balenciagas)!

Here's a mustard yellow medium trigger on ebay that I love!
auction #6875635226

i really like the new one (bianca satchel?) that linsay lohan has been spotted with....kinda like the chloe betty, but, dare i say, better designed ^_^

mlertpac said:
hi spiral! I don't know about the ones they're pumping out right now, but I love mine. It's the almond color from last spring and has buttery soft leather. I don't find it too trendy, I usually like to carry mine with the side without the zippers out for people to see. It's pretty darn practical! (without the 1K price tag) It also happens to be my first pricey (grown-up) bag, purchased with my grown-up salary! :flower:

Hey sweetie! :D

Your Trigger is so cute! The practicality aspect is becoming very appealing to me. I'm seriously considering getting a bronze one, as I like how it has tassels like my B-bag, but I'm so afraid of getting my B-bag dirty that it hardly gets much use. This one looks like it might be a good everyday tote, w/ the same vibe...

jun3machina said:
i really like the new one (bianca satchel?) that linsay lohan has been spotted with....kinda like the chloe betty, but, dare i say, better designed ^_^

jun- I like the bianca satchel too, in the large size. There's something "booby-ish" about the smaller ones and their front pockets. :wink:

spiral- I recommend a non-metallic color for the trigger. The metallic ones I've seen don't have nice leather like the non-metallic ones do. You'll have to check in the stores, I could be wrong. :flower:

digging up an old thread: i was wondering if any of you lovely ladies have picked up a bianca satchel? im wondering what it looks like IRL....any opinions or has anyone seen or (better yet) owns one? :flower:

i had the large black one, the bag was super soft and squishy, and i loved the suede lining.

my mom said the front pockets looked like boobs and i just couldn't get over that- so i returned it. now, whenever i see the bag i think 'boobs'

that's what other have said....are they really poofy pockets? i still love the design.....you could argue a lot of multipocket bags look like someones backside too i guess....

^ yeah the pockets are really poofy. they look weird stuffed but not as bad empty

I found this distressed? black version on bergdorf. I like it :heart:
BGV7206_mp.jpg
Bergdorf

reviving an old thread again - im thinking about getting the bella clutch in concord. what do u think? too small? im usually a fan of gynormous bags but this one really caught my eyes with the gold accent and soft leather. does this suffer from the aformentioned "booby" syndrome too u think? :P pic from jcmadison.

BOTBELLACON.jpg

Another Botkier Bianca fan checking in here. :smile: I love my medium satchel. It's beautifully made and the leather is amazing.

i own a medium trigger in metallic fatigue...and i love it cause i can put so much stuff in it. i'm OC so all the compartments are truly heaven-sent. the problem is, even without my things inside, the bag itself is quite heavy already. am i the only one who has noticed this? :blink:

another thing, my bag has gold hardware, and a couple of the studs on the handles are kinda changing color, like fading. is this normal? i bought mine in lane crawford in HK almost 2 years ago and actually, a few months after i purchased it, i saw this already.

would appreciate any replies. thanks all! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"