Bottega Veneta F/W 10.11 : Alla Kostromicheva & Terron Wood by Robert Longo

Oh my gosh I should have known! Longo always does this style, I just assumed it was another person sort of copying that look. I've never seen him do a fashion campaign before, how exciting!! You can see a lot of his work at his personal site.

i think it's interesting how Bottega Veneta keeps commissioning practicing artists to replicate their body of work for BV ad campaigns. it feels quite genuine and relates to the world of discreet luxury that mr Meier attempts to build. and these particular images by Longo are nothing but stunning. they translate the urban vibe of BV collection very well.

bottega veneta once again takes it to an entirely different level. there's class act and then there's best in class. this is definitely the latter.

I love this ad. I'm not familiar with the photographer, but this has definitely caught my eye. The casting is actually perfect...Alla is the epitome of a Meier girl and Terron is really taken out of that whole 'pretty boy' vein and looks more elegant and mysterious in this picture.

According to wmagazine.com photographer is Robert Longo

wmagazine.com
Bigger.

07bottegaveneta.jpg

fashiontimes.it

scanned by me from UK Harper's Bazaar August 2010

HQ

^ Thanks for scanning! Absolutely my favorite campaign so far. Beautiful.

That campaign's definitely a hit to me, it has a streamlined feeling to it, and the stiff poses make it attention-getting in spite of the plain backdrop.

I thought the womens leather suit looked awful in that shot in print but I love the one where they're pulling each other.
By disrespecting the clothes it gives a sense that the shot and concept were more important than the product.

Nuzing is obveeous, yet it's alvays powavul.

i hear ya Tomas!

and damn, Terron does some insane twists and turns. it looks like he's being shot at with a gatling gun :lol:

i like the comment above because when Longo shot his series "Men in the City" in the 80s (that this references), he or his assistant would actually throw things at the models to dodge in order to get the crazy poses

scanned by me from Vogue Russia September 2010

HQ

i luv this ad...very simple and elegant. any hq's from the website?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->