Bottega Veneta F/W 2024.25 by Alec Soth

Jacob after Kendal and Asap Rocky .....and yet be pretentious enough to not have a official ig .....this brand and its CD are as confusing as his looks edits for the shows ...just do anything see if it sticks ...nothing against any of the talents it's just that a brand that pride itself on putting focus on the craft and product they are inconsistent with cave in basic marketing antics that are half ***ed any ways so not worth it.

I find Jacob to have a very peaky looking bird face that it becomes a bit distracting when not photographed or captured right. In a similar way to Timothee Chalamat, errs into bothersome and smarmy in that "sickly Edwardian/Victorian aristocrat" way rather than something endearing.

Timmy is a lot smoother and a natural in front of the camera (fyi no I am not his fan)
whereas Jacob is very stiff and awkward
Also, Jacobs is so dated now, it's not like we're in 2022. Li Hejia is (was) a Vuitton girl, can BV not recreate their own star and start their own exclusive contract models?

celebrity wise he’s perfect for Bottega reason being that single and unique paparazzi shot of him holding an Andiamo Bag whilst walking to his car.
it’s such a f*cking statement! it’s been on for almost two years now. you can’t fake spontaneous (I am very well aware that celebrities can afford different royalties…)

on top of that he comes across as extremely cultured and fashion savvy.
and he’s handsome.

celebrity wise he’s perfect for Bottega reason being that single and unique paparazzi shot of him holding an Andiamo Bag whilst walking to his car.
it’s such a f*cking statement! it’s been on for almost two years now. you can’t fake spontaneous (I am very well aware that celebrities can afford different royalties…)

on top of that he comes across as extremely cultured and fashion savvy.
and he’s handsome.
that's the point in the context of reality / paparazzi shot it works but not taking it further with a campaign because when he wear womens type bags he is dressed like a average tik tok young guys so the contrast makes it more interesting and real ....all in bottarga it looks forced ....he worn also chanel & fendi bags etc so its not unique to Bottega

Alien baby in the background Area 51 ?...sorry but its giving burnt war child not luxury or intriguing ...underwhelming adv

I really loathe Blazy's Bottega. It's so cliche and predictable. It's like - ChatGPT...give me a fashion house that is desperate to look cool and effortless and artsy...it should take itself very seriously but should also have very self aware quirky elements. This is what it would spit out.

I like his clothes and his Bottega for the most part but I don’t get what he is trying to achieve with his visuals.
It’s not indicative or evocative of anything.

It’s just a look and a background. The effect is not even spectacular or odd enough to create something. It’s very mid, very forgettable.

I like Matthew Bazy's designs but not the Bottega Veneta current ad campaigns. In this ad campaign, the location is great, the clothes look interesting, but the female model casting is terrible. They are not pretty or sexy women, just very average looking.

alec has done great, honestly i love that bottega worked with non-fashion photographers for a long time-- under daniel lee they went back to fashion photogs (tyrone leblon) but these really work for me-- theyre not overly pretentious like nigel schafran or half of the photogs vogue usa is working with now, theyre simple and beautiful and the clothes look good thats all, the best bottega campaigns were nan goldin-- i think, alex prager also did some great images, i wonder if theres a bottega campaign archive here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flipflapthedoodoo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->