Bottega Veneta Pre-Fall 2022

Frederic01

Reaction score
Preview of the Pre-Fall 2022 collection, called "Wardrobe 04" at Bottega Veneta.

Large-708835V19M03413_A.jpeg Large-707791VKLZ09071_A.jpeg Large-707791VKLZ01000_A.jpeg Large-707960V23U02113_A.jpeg Large-708324V21J09028_A.jpeg Large-707870V27H02173_A.jpeg
BOTTEGA VENETA

This is not the lookbook but images from the e-shop.
It’s simple and classic but I want to see the whole official lookbook.

the shoes r giving "when u have to unload the mayflower at 5 but be at the rave at 6"

This is a transition collection between Daniel Lee and Matthieu Blazy, so expect to see a lot of Bottega signature silhouettes but in Matthieu colours, like pale green, turquoise, and pale yellow. The look book was still photographed by Tyrone Lebon.

A lot of the collection has been worn already by celebrities. For example, Julianne Moore's dress that she wore to the Autumn Winter show in Milan is part of the collection.

front-row-at-bottega-veneta-milano-fall-2022-004.jpeg
WWD

Can I be the first one to say it?!? A wide legged trouser, a couple of monochromatic looks, and a belted leather coat, IT MUST BE PHILO!!!!! I cannot believe he outright copied Philo AGAIN. No one before her did such clean lines and luxurious separates, where is the outrage???

Phoebe Philo x Tokyo Girls Collection (TGC) by Matthieu Blazy

Can I be the first one to say it?!? A wide legged trouser, a couple of monochromatic looks, and a belted leather coat, IT MUST BE PHILO!!!!! I cannot believe he outright copied Philo AGAIN. No one before her did such clean lines and luxurious separates, where is the outrage???

Well to be fair, I wouldn't be surprised if Blazy himself personally designed some of Philo's iconic Céline pieces. A creative director is nothing without the design team!

Well to be fair, I wouldn't be surprised if Blazy himself personally designed some of Philo's iconic Céline pieces. A creative director is nothing without the design team!

Haha please do not take my comment seriously I am being obnoxious and sarcastic. After a good year since her departure the constant comparisons between designers and her work started to get really old, really fast, even if they were valid, it just became such an obvious and lazy criticism of one’s work.

^^^ Ha! Should’ve remembered to take your own advice and never never never ever speak remotely ill of Phoebe— even in jest. Did you know she also invented tear-drop pearls, flat footwear and the slicked-back hair behind the ear hairstyle— along the air that you breathe…???

(BTW, this guy’s Bottega is decent enough. I liked his debut, and these staples are… decent. Much more tolerable than that other guy’s that he took over for. I’d wear this brand if I cared enough about fashion at the moment, and didn’t mind paying the overpricing.)

To me, this still looks more like Lee's BV--he was actually a bit more tame and used this color palette in his first few collections in 2019. I don't see much of Blazey in this.

It's a bit more sensible than in the past. Actual clothes to wear. I'm not sure if that's because it's a precollection or if it's because of Blazy.

It's a bit more sensible than in the past. Actual clothes to wear. I'm not sure if that's because it's a precollection or if it's because of Blazy.
Lee’s precollections were great. The hype behind the brand, the awful green, the overexposure kinda put a bad filter on the perception of his work but the clothes were good.

I just hope that Blazy will have more humor than Raf and Pieter. I love serious fashion but I hate when it takes itself too seriously…

^^^ Ha! Should’ve remembered to take your own advice and never never never ever speak remotely ill of Phoebe— even in jest. Did you know she also invented tear-drop pearls, flat footwear and the slicked-back hair behind the ear hairstyle— along the air that you breathe…???

(BTW, this guy’s Bottega is decent enough. I liked his debut, and these staples are… decent. Much more tolerable than that other guy’s that he took over for. I’d wear this brand if I cared enough about fashion at the moment, and didn’t mind paying the overpricing.)

LOL, @Phuel your comment gave me a good laugh :wink:

It's so weird that Bottega won't release the photos of the collection to Vogue Runway, even though you have the images already circulating online, like these shots (photographed by Tyrone Lebon) on websites like MyTheresa. It's so confusing!

CW24_Designer_Bio_BottegaVeneta_2x_20220614105358.jpeg BIO_2X-_3__20220614173553.jpeg
MYTHERESA

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pappagallo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->