Bottega Veneta F/W 2015.16 Milan

^^^ Scenester partygirl influence.

Take away the distracting styling and scenester-casting, and the clothes are actually really great.

Seems like Hedi is having the last laugh at those accusing him of having lost and no longer a trendsetter. Because, the scenester-style, with all the throwbacks to previous decades, is just starting to pick up steam in high fashion: With Alessandro, and now Tomas following dutifully with the young, rich partygirl playing modest, dowdy, schoolteacher from the 1970s. Even the casting is so partygirl-looking-- I'm sure all these types will be coveting Bottega and Gucci bags and accessories. And isn't that the point of these labels rebranding...? They've already got the status-hungry types coveting their bags and shoes, and now they might just win over the partygirls-- whom, may I add, has the spending powers for the RTW as well. If Hedi did it with SLP, I'm sure that's what Bottega is thinking as well.

Those years were the best of BV for me, too. Those collections made Bottega stand out and be rather special and luxurious. Now it's becoming a part of a crowd - no longer "initials would be enough".

the dots are visually unappealing. My head started to hurt! The rest of the collection was okay. Loved the coats and capes

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjustken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->