Bottega Veneta Pre-Spring 2024 : A$AP Rocky & Kendall Jenner by Paparazzi

WHAT? “By Paparazzi”?

^ Apparently, Bottega Veneta licensed the pictures from Getty Images and Backgrid.

I really don't like this campaign, just because it's something Demna would do at Balenciaga and we don't need that energy at Bottega Veneta AT ALL.

I guess I'm glad they actually got real paparazzi photos rather than some big time photographer pretending to be a paparazzo. Other than that, meh

^ Apparently, Bottega Veneta licensed the pictures from Getty Images and Backgrid.

I really don't like this campaign, just because it's something Demna would do at Balenciaga and we don't need that energy at Bottega Veneta AT ALL.
Agreed, this just feels tacky and lazy.

That said, you know Demna is kicking himself for not coming up with this concept first, which gives me a bit of schadenfreude. :lol:

A$AP Rocky? What an original choice for these fashion brands. He's kind of become the male equivalent of Rita Ora for me. He has no personal style, only what is trendy and whichever brand he's on the payroll of at the moment.

The paparazzi concept is so overdone now....from Balenciaga to Yeezy to low tier brands such as IAMGIA...and none of them come close to Meisel's Vogue Italia January 2005 editorial. These paparazzi pictures are obviously carefully staged and/or A$AP's team called them to purposely snap the photos (as most paparazzi pictures are). And honestly this whole concept knocks down some credibility points from both A$AP Rocky and Bottega Veneta. The amount of energy and money involved in this could've been invested in a proper campaign.

The end result looks cheap and off-brand. And annoying.

Give me a break…

These brands just keep lowering the bar. It’s kind of shocking and almost comical to think the entire management and design team think this is worth putting out?

How to lunch a campaign with zero strategy!

And all along, people just thought they had a good style or that their stylists worked overtime…
I kind of like the idea behind this even if I prefer when photographers do « paparazzi » shots because they try to emulate situations and not just a bunch of people walking.

As for A$AP Rocky, he is cute and I kind of like him. I hate however those celebrities that are doing brands prostitution. He was LVMH with Dior. Then he became a brand ambassador for Gucci and now Bottega Veneta…Same group so I guess it’s a matter of time before he changes.
A little bit more brand loyalty would be welcome…

Kendall is in her element so it’s work. She doesn’t have to model so it’s like an episode of her show.

I’m kind of surprised by Blazy’s choice in celebrities. I expected less expected people from him.

When you compare this to people Daniel Lee associate (at Burberry) and used to associate (at BV), it’s a downgrade. But the social media effect is effective.

Indeed, a complete downgrade for Bottega in terms of branding and brand positioning. What's next, Bottega Ancora? They should stay very far away from the new Gucci in terms of art direction.
For most brands, this entire concept in 2023 is kind of embarrassing, but for Bottega it's just unexpected in the worst possible and most desperate way.

regardless of liking Blazy’s BV or not, the execution of this idea is flawless.
I do like his Bottega. a lot.

both Kendall and A$AP look great, the styling is very on point.
and it will look great inside mags, hopefully as a two pages ad.

I very much agree with @Lola701 and her take on ‘brand prostitution’ (genius concept ahaha) and would be so meaningful either way for celebrities to have brand loyalty…

Last edited by a moderator:
Please Bottega dont do this, the clothes are amazing, we need great campaign also

The desperation and lowliness of using a Kardashian in order to generate publicity and push product is so disappointing for a brand like Bottega. So lame and cringey.

Exactly as @Lola701 said, it's such a downgrade.

I don't know how to feel. First, I actually kind of like the idea behind this. But these photos feels so disconnected. Kendall's somehow work better because maybe she's in her element and the different situations. However, this feels so desperate and such a weird move. BV is such a perfect brand to ride the quiet luxury ride. This feel like a cheap decision. Third, these celeb choices are like packaged deal with Gucci. Like let's cut costs here and there. I kind of like to compare BV with Loewe and the celebs Loewe chose are much better decision. Actually come thinking of it, Kering has terrible tastes in Celebs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->