Brie Larson

When was the last time an Oscar winner dressed so badly on their winning night? That Vanity Fair look is tragic.

That being said, I'm very happy that she's won. She isgreat in Room and throughout awards season she has proven that she's smart, kind and serious about her craft without appearing pretentious.

Last edited by a moderator:
I asked for different/edgy...and I got this. :lol:

You know what? I could get behind the hot pink velvet (sounds worse on paper!) if it weren't for the shoes. Those are tragic mother of the bridge shoes.

I think the last look could've benefited from better styling. It's not that bad.

Awful dress and I CANNOT with the pinterest hair. Everything looks so dated and cheap. That's a nice shade of blue, I'll give her that.

The after party look is even worse. Her stylist must be stopped! :shock:

Loved her look for the Oscars, beautiful head to toe.

But that Vanity Fair look, wow, that's something :lol:

Congratulations on her win :clap: Very well deserved, she was very moving in Room

Her dress at the ceremony is a bit too much like a bridesmaid's. I don't like the ruffles, the bodice isn't flattering and the colour reminds me too much of a wedding (and not a pretty one). It is, however, infinitely better than the towel velour thing she wore to the Vanity Fair party. That is just hideous

Looking at the Gucci again, I feel the look would've greatly improved if the skirt didn't have all those pleated ruffles. It would've looked great if the skirt was something similar to the Prada dress Lupita wore when she won.

That being said, I was watching the press conference and she was talking about how the dress represented her so it doesn't bother me at all in the grand scheme of things. What's important is that she was comfortable and at least she had some creative input and didn't let her stylist dictate what she should've worn.

Hated her Gucci dress and the after-party look is even worse. The dress is a complete disaster, it looks so poorly done, and the matching pink sandals are really bad too. I don't know what her stylist was thinking ?! The whole look is so dated.

I'm really happy she won though, she deserved and she's glowing so that's really beautiful to see. Too bad such a beautiful moment will be associated with one of the worse Oscar winners looks ever.

oh goodness gracious. :( poor gal....

oh well, she won! and it was well deserved; her performance in room is very nuanced.

Lol at that VF look. To be honest, I actually prefer this dress to the Oscars one, but that's not saying much. They're both pretty awful. But she really outdid herself with that hair and those shoes.

Does she not have a stylist? She should ask Jacob Tremblay for his because that boy has looked SHARP all season.

So happy she won but good lord she looks awful. The fit is completely off, it's SO badly made and the material just makes her look like she's wearing a towel. Colour isn't great either, more salmon than baby pink...urgh

Art Streiber photoshoot for Women's Wear Daily - February 2016

starity.hu

Mark Seliger 2016 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Portrait

gotceleb

Film Independent Spirit Awards Portraits, February 2016

celebmafia

Last edited by a moderator:
nvuvvSD.jpg

jTGF69U.jpg

YDQ73D9.jpg

JH65na6.jpg

If9DJtJ.jpg