Britney Signs With Arden

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by marc jacobs addict, Mar 12, 2004.

View Users: View Users
  1. marc jacobs addict

marc jacobs addict New Member

ugh. heres the article.

wwd.com:

ugh, sorry to the fans out there. but i've never liked her. :sick:

i guess its a good marketing move to draw in more clientele because of her automatic fan base, but i think she's kinda cheap looking. :innocent:

2. Erin

Erin Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I think she's just hard up for getting her name out there. Goodness knows she could never have a line of clothing...

3. Plumour

Plumour New Member

4. Purr

Purr New Member

ugh no thanks :sick: :sick: :sick:

5. strawberry daiquiri

strawberry daiquiri seagreen serenades

Expanding their market, but at what cost?

6. tiffany

tiffany Active Member

good question :doh: I don't like the idea, because I don't like britney

7. Marisa

Marisa New Member

Good point! I think they'll end up alienating a lot of their older clientele.

8. marc jacobs addict

Good point! I think they'll end up alienating a lot of their older clientele. [/b][/quote]

ive never really bought their stuff before, and i probably wouldnt now either, especially with britney becoming a spokesperson.

but the 64 thousand dollar question is will the amount of clientele that she draws in from her fan base and promotions outway the number of consumers who stop buying arden products because of her advertising? :huh:

9. Marisa

Marisa New Member

I'm sure it'll outweigh it! All in all, I think it's a good *business* move for Arden. I could be totally wrong, but I bet this could bring in a slew of new consumers for them. Sure some of their older clientele will be left thinking "WTF?", but I bet they'll continue to use the product that they've used for years. Women of that age group (Arden's base clientele) are unlikely to brand switch.

10. marc jacobs addict

i agree, the women who probably would disagree with her advertising would proably be older and already have some sort of product loyalty and not want to switch. by drawing in a younger consumer group, they're probably hoping to establish long lasting relationships early on so in the future these youngin's will be like the old ladys now who continually buy their stuff because they have for years.

**Marisa i :heart: :heart: :heart: your arvatar!

11. banana

banana New Member

mmm... eau de skank

12. tiffany

tiffany Active Member

:lol:

13. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

well lets wait and see i mean shes photogenic and has great hair,skin and money making potential duh!

14. strawberry daiquiri

strawberry daiquiri seagreen serenades

I just don't see the sense in her having a deal with this particular company. Elizabeth Taylor, Catherine Zeta Jones and... Britney Spears, she doesn't seem to fit with their image of classic beauty and class. They say this is aimed at a different market, the 17-35 age group, and yet most of this age would want nothing to do with the woman at the top. They could appeal to the market they want while still retaining their principles, but if they want to do this I doubt using Britney is the way to go.

Arden would probably see more success with her fronting a line of body glitter and lip gloss for 10 year olds. That would sell, but then they'd probably say that would be harmful to their reputation.

15. TheSoCalledPrep

TheSoCalledPrep New Member

I like Britney Spears.

I will not buy this makeup.

16. HBoogie

HBoogie Procrastinator.

Her skin is...not so good. She has quite a bit of sun damage for someone her age. But then again, the age bracket this line will be marketed to cares more about zits than sunscreen...

As I was reading the article, all I could think was countdown to a Britney-JLo catfight, since JLo seems to think she invented the concept of marketing herself on every front. Bottles of "Glow" will be flying.

17. MurakamiPrincess

MurakamiPrincess New Member

Someone's trying to be like Jessica :innocent:

18. brian

brian New Member

I must agree... :innocent:

Also, I must add that I think that the Britney/Arden partnership is a totally bad idea. The age bracket for Elizabeth Arden cosmetics is far too "mature" for Britney. We all know that only "old ladies" use Lizzy Arden.... Britney would've been much better with MAC, and they would've definitely accepted her as a spokesperson since their line is more 'edgy' and marketed towards younger women. Plus, a Britney partnership wouldn't be as damaging to MAC's reputation as it would be to Elizabeth Arden's, in my opinion. Plus, we all know that Britney uses MAC... B) :winkiss: :innocent:

19. purplelucrezia

purplelucrezia New Member

:lol: So true...

20. MurakamiPrincess

MurakamiPrincess New Member

I must agree... :innocent:

Also, I must add that I think that the Britney/Arden partnership is a totally bad idea. The age bracket for Elizabeth Arden cosmetics is far too "mature" for Britney. We all know that only "old ladies" use Lizzy Arden.... Britney would've been much better with MAC, and they would've definitely accepted her as a spokesperson since their line is more 'edgy' and marketed towards younger women. Plus, a Britney partnership wouldn't be as damaging to MAC's reputation as it would be to Elizabeth Arden's, in my opinion. Plus, we all know that Britney uses MAC... B) :winkiss: :innocent: [/b][/quote]
    I agree :flower:

She should've gone to something like MAC, Urban Decay or Hard Candy...it's more with her image. Actually, I personally think Wet N' Wild would suit her better... :innocent: