Brooches and Pins!

Originally posted by nuiko@Jun 9th, 2004 - 9:19 pm
john galliano f/w 2003:

http://www.***************/image/0606200313481269.jpg
100101593.jpg

i have this one and it is beyond gorgeous!! i like wearing brooches pinned onto a little cardigan sweater worn with only the top button fastened :blush:, or pinned to a handbag (a small 40's-style frame clutch or basically anything else to dress it up)..there is so much you can do :smile:
This is gorgeous!! It must be blindingly sparkly!! :woot:

Originally posted by Pradaromance12@Jun 9th, 2004 - 9:31 pm
WOW :o i love that!

i also love my chanel cassette brooch, i wear it on a white satin ribbon in my wrist sometimes :innocent: , my dior :heart:
What a great idea!!! I must also try to wear my brooches on ribbons... how creative!! I hope you don't mind me copying your idea... :blush:

Originally posted by chocsta+Jun 9th, 2004 - 9:55 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chocsta @ Jun 9th, 2004 - 9:55 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Pradaromance12@Jun 9th, 2004 - 9:31 pm
WOW :o i love that!

i also love my chanel cassette brooch, i wear it on a white satin ribbon in my wrist sometimes :innocent: , my dior :heart:
What a great idea!!! I must also try to wear my brooches on ribbons... how creative!! I hope you don't mind me copying your idea... :blush: [/b][/quote]
oh please, go try it & have fun! :wink:

Oh Chocsta, I have the Chanel strawberry brooch too. :flower: :wink: It's currently my favorite. Though I have some from my grandma. Old Georg Jensen brooches (love the daisy brooch at the picture) and I've bought tons on eBay.

Originally posted by Fashionism@Jun 10th, 2004 - 7:26 am
Oh Chocsta, I have the Chanel strawberry brooch too. :flower: :wink: It's currently my favorite. Though I have some from my grandma. Old Georg Jensen brooches (love the daisy brooch at the picture) and I've bought tons on eBay.
I know!! Don't you just love it... I wanted to get the ladybug one too but they were out :(

I love vintage brooches too! I'm currently watching some on ebay :wink:

yeah, the ladybug was also adorable but I actually liked the strawberry better. and i haven't regret that i bought it. i absolutely love it :heart:

I love to wear brooches pinned on straps of little summer tanks. Totally ups the glam factor and eliminates the need to wear a necklaces... necklaces just get in the way during the hot summer weather.

I also like to wear pins near the waistband of ruffled skirts and on the label of my denim jacket - and if a tee is a little too big, I use a big brooch to gather it together at the hip.

Edited to add that often instead of buttoning up my cardigans, I just fasten with a sparkly pin - stole that idea from a TeenVogue a few months back.

i do that too. :smile: i pin my tees at the hip with brooches. :heart:
& the lapels of blazers & jackets. bags.
:flower:

I love how brooches look but I can never seem to find any that I like. I never even thought to look on eBay.. silly me.. :rolleyes:

I love the Dior one that prada_romance and nuiko have. :wub:

:heart: the first one you posted prince...

those are very much the colours for my ONDINE-sea nymph story i want to do... :flower:

Originally posted by nuiko@Jun 10th, 2004 - 12:48 pm
i want the strawberry so bad! :blush: :heart:
Get it nuiko!! I just went to Chanel again today and everything including the accessories are on sale!! :smile:

Inspiration....

I've just refound my love of jewelry/accessories and am loving rumaging thru everything once again.

Am off to wear some more, and the ribbon with broach around my wrist :heart: :heart:

oh!! i just inhereted a few cameo brooches from my grandmother.
what do you think of a 16 year old wearing them tho?

Originally posted by Harvz88@Jun 12th, 2004 - 12:20 am
oh!! i just inhereted a few cameo brooches from my grandmother.
what do you think of a 16 year old wearing them tho?
i think it's great! :smile:
you can dress them up or down so you won't give off a 'too matronly' vibe.

Originally posted by chocsta+Jun 10th, 2004 - 3:32 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chocsta @ Jun 10th, 2004 - 3:32 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nuiko@Jun 10th, 2004 - 12:48 pm
i want the strawberry so bad! :blush: :heart:
Get it nuiko!! I just went to Chanel again today and everything including the accessories are on sale!! :smile: [/b][/quote]
i want the strawberry, too!! :lol:

I think there is a fine line between grandma-y brooches and just plain sexy ones.

I'm currently dying for a 50s/60s enamel flower one and a HUUGGEE rhinestone sunbursty one. I'll keep my eye out for those, no luck yet in vintage stores and the new ones in Macys and places are kinda too tame for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muggins1265
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"