Bruce Weber Luanches Clothing Line

ultramarine

chaos reigns
Reaction score
from modelizer.com

Bruce Weber: the fashion designer?
Yes, you heard me right, kiddies. Bruce Weber has launched his own clothing line, called Weberbilt, which will be sold, exclusively, at the Tomas Maier boutique, in Miami (opening October 2004), and the Comme des Garcons store, on Dover Street, in London. If you can't make it to any of those outposts, then pick up the premiere issue of Vitals, which, exclusively, showcases the entire Weberbilt collection, in a sultry fashion spread, photographed by who else? Bruce Weber.

The entire Weberbilt collection is, basically, a spawn of Abercrombie & Fitch, except it's just way more expensive (all pieces cost less than $225.00), and a little more creative.

[Bruce] Weber's fashion spread in Vitals, showcasing the line, cleverly titled "Eat, Swim, Sex, Sleep," would make any reader think they're browsing the latest issue of the now defunct A&F Quarterly, with male models cavorting on camera, in various poses, and postures. One thing I found interesting about the fashion spread (and Vitals in general) is the fact that there's little facts, and information, provided about the people, places, and things that are featured in the magazine. For example, in the Weberbilt fashion spread, Abercrombie & Fitch model, Dimitri Hamlen's e-mail address ([email protected]) is provided (contact information provided on some of the hottest male models, in fashion? Does Vitals know what they're starting?), for anyone interested in booking him, as a DJ, since he's considered a major disc jockey, at some of New York's hottest clubs. Hmmm, I'd like to book him, alright, and it ain't to DJ. Me so nasty.

hmm, why not? i'd love to see some pictures...

thanks for bringing this in ultramarine :flower:

i guess there's no reason for photographers not to jump on the bandwagon celebrities have been jumping on for years...i hope it's not another flop.

Originally posted by mikeijames@Aug 31 2004, 11:06 AM
i guess there's no reason for photographers not to jump on the bandwagon celebrities have been jumping on for years...i hope it's not another flop.
[snapback]351389[/snapback]​

Yeah.. I would love to see the pictures from the magazine too!!!

Well.. I think Bruce Weber has already reached celebrity status so yes he could be considered as just another celebrity starting his own line...

I am sure it will not be a flop.. but how long will it last is my question.

Abercrombie has been doing very well with a lot of their lines... and alot of their items are backordered... so they are not as profitable as well...

And don't forget.. Dsquared.. another EXPENSIVE version of AnF.. is taking the whole retail by storm... a lot of retailer have picked it up and are making good money off it... but I think it is going to die down in 2 seasons....

Originally posted by ionn24@Aug 31 2004, 11:34 AM
Yeah.. I would love to see the pictures from the magazine too!!!

[snapback]351410[/snapback]​

hehehe....i guess now that the quarterly has gone, he needed to create a line of clothes so he could shoot half naked boys (and i guess girls, too) wearing half-destroyed clothes...in that respect, i am actually quite pleased he'll be coming out with something new. (has anyoen seen his recent photos of the olympians in vanity fair?.... :crush: )

ok very old thread and most of the people must had forget about it... but here is an article in Nov. 2007 issue of Vogue Paris.
article about this Bruce Weber's fashion line...

{scanned by berlinrocks}

this seems a little random.

and printing a model's personal email address? errr...that sounds like a grand idea.

Erm..... what does Bruce Weber know about fashion? He knows how to take photos is half naked guys...... and that pretty much sums him up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->