Yves Saint Laurent Mens F/W 10.11 Paris

prefer what the designer is wearing
:heart:

you're not the only one. while i appreciate the experimentations with silhouette and the like, it strikes me that the far more interesting moment always comes when he takes his final bow. i don't know if that's such a good thing.

how on earth this is boring?, I can't find one conventional proportion in the whole collection!

When pilati does his thing, much respect, he's very good at it. When he tried to do something else, he failed.

I'm glad he's being himself again, a little old world, very confortable and extremely luxury.

The 3/4 length coat looks, not the cinched, are by far the best.
The bomber he has recreated is very clever.

The cropped jackets he started last winter are now more precisely cut and less costumey, I like to see the development of a certain cut over the seasons.

The use of shearling is great (look wise), although it's a very warm material to make an almost open coat....which is kinda pointless.

I wish he had used those monskstrap creepers from a few seasons back. He should make them a YSL staple. He might had to improve quality tho, mine were ruined in a week, YSL flagship repaired them...but still, they were 600eur shoes

how on earth this is boring?, I can't find one conventional proportion in the whole collection!

you'll be reading "boring" in every other thread ....
idk what people are exactly waiting for, but when it's menswear inspired + a touch of edge, it's defined boring. when it tries to get out of the menswear path, it's named boring.

i think people mainly applaud a collection because of its colors and casting.

The man with the camera was not Bruce Weber, unless he lost 300 lbs and got a face lift.
The sexy film has nothing to do with a rather mumsy collection. I could see John Malkovich in it for example.

^the man on the pictures is indeed not B Weber (probably some "testing" behind the lens shot) ...
but the movie it's by Bruce Weber ... I'm pretty sure.

what's "mumsy", btw ?

This is really disappointed collection,comparing with other designers this season

YSL Homme FW10 short film

Ain't Nothin' Like The Real Thing by Bruce Weber
Models:Paolo Anchisi,Simon Nessman,Terron Wood

Runway

Last edited by a moderator:
Not bad at all. That glittering silver trench is to die for. The rest of the collection is somethind I'd want to wear too.

i'm such a sucker. now, this bruce weber film could've had slightly better production value but it totally worked. having experienced the ysl collection before and after viewing that little film, i must say that one does come away with something slightly different. pilati should definitely carry over stills from the film into his ad campaign the way that prada did for her menswear.

"Mumsy" is the cheesy narration by Bruce Weber. It is the old style homoeroticism that has NOTHING to do with the (apparently fresh) merchandise passed off as something "fashion". Anyone can look good in a sack at 18, but those boys don't connect with this ancient product for 50+ year olds. IT IS A SHAM.

I LOVE IT!!! I tho' Pilati was only good for womenswear but this is spectacular!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->