Burberry F/W 2020.21 London

I love Tisci, but I am always so exhausted by the time I scroll through his collections for Burberry every time. There are some nice pieces here, but it lacks some of his magic. I don't know.

More beige!?! Is he trying to be subliminal about the audience he's designing for with these collections? :unsure: And I myself am actually a lover of beige.

As usual, some of the more polished daywear looks are winners, everything else not so much. I thought the opening was bad until I saw his eveningwear. The entire collection reeks of desperation and pander.

I love his Burberry. The elegant section is always a winner of the season for me. Take my money

Could it be any longer? I mean, even if the clothes were extraordinary, by the time you reach that 110th final look it all starts looking the same. Terrible, terrible collection. Sure, there are some nice garments that I like but damn, what a mess! A little black, a little green, a little yellow red and white, some stripes, a sea of beige and tartan, throw in random patterns. I mean what is this? What's the point of so many clothes when most of it is just basic and ugly?
That second to last beige dress with silver fringe must be one of the ugliest dresses I've seen all season.

It's actually laughable that in this era that's all about sustainability brands like Burberry and Dior get away with so many pointless looks in their shows every single season. It just seems like a major waste of... everything. Cut this collection in half and it might even seem decent...

I love some of the Menswear & that whole look on Mona is perfection in my eyes (something my Lady would wear lol )..i just wish Riccardo would tone it down a bit with less looks so it's more focused as a collection but i love it for the most part ...Anyway 1 thing for sure this stuff will sell extremely well & lower my bank balance (even with the discount i get from them)

I mean... copy/paste the same criticism of previous seasons re: overstuffed, directionless collections.

I felted this time more than others in particular due to how awfully directed the show was. The models were coming in like products in a factory. You couldn't even really process a look cause it was gone and three more had already walked by.

The overall sensation I get from his Burberry is joyless. I don't feel his heart at all here, and what made his Givenchy so amazing was how much emotion and passion he poured in every show.
Here he just seems to be working for the sake of it (and collecting the checks).

i think christopher bailey understood burberry more intuitively
Well, he was British.

I just think Tisci’s time is over. He’s working on borrowed time here at Burberry. He defined the look, for better or worse, of the 2010 while at Givenchy, and his work looks dated now. He hasn’t been able to evolve from that very complicated and tricky way of making clothes. That’s not how people want to dress anymore.

The all black look before the two last dresses is so perfect and it « light » version was also fabulous!
Burberry by Riccardo is about commerce. And while he still got a lot of ideas, I don’t get why he doesn’t simplify things. I find this collection too complicated, over detailed and too styled! It would be great to actually see great looks instead of very strong pieces styled all together on one outfit.
I hate the Burberry check and I don’t think he really knows how to work that!

‘The magic of Bailey at his peak was his ability to deliver great looks. It wasn’t exceptional but it was all right. Riccardo also knew how to just do a beautiful peacoat. There are some great coats in here but you have to find them!

Burberry is obviously a transition for Riccardo and the success of it will help him for his next chapter but I hope that it wasn’t so obvious that it’s a transition.

way too many looks and by the end of it, none of them say anything definitive.

I did not see the live show, but from the images, this has got to be the worst lighting! it is reflective off the models' face and some of the clothes and very distracting.

Feels like a collective show of various designers: too long and completely disjointed. It is as if Burberry had become a fashion school all of a sudden; and they are having a graduation show for the students.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->