Burberry F/W 2023.24 London

It was more playful than what I was expecting even though the setting and music was very moody. I think there are some pieces that will draw back consumers to Burberry but I was still expecting something better given who’s now in charge :mellow:.

Not what I was expecting. It felt more like a Coach collection & show than Burberry. I’m sure it will sell, though.

This is so funny. My first thought is that this is what I would expect Stuart Vevers’s Burberry to look like. And I hate it.

It’s also way more Tisci than Bailey. Shocked they kept any of the TB logo, but then again maybe that was a nonnegotiable to keep their current accessories from tanking.

Bad collection, very Coach meaning very middle of the road…not at all what you’d expect from the debut of the season.

Fashion needs to reconsider why they decided to put all their hopes for this brand on the shoulders of such a middling talent.

Not what I was expecting. It felt more like a Coach collection & show than Burberry. I’m sure it will sell, though.
I honestly feel disappointed. I know Burberry is not supposed to be all-about luxury and craftmanship like BV, but I was expecting something more elevated. This being said, I only loved the chiffon and sateen dresses.

Few interesting bags (not a fan of the ones given to the attendees) and shoes, theme was probably hunting season at balmoral... The clothing felt a bit all over the place and not very organic but in line with what influencers could wear. On the business side, lots of products that can be produced cheap and sold overpriced, guess that's what they were aiming. That being said, this is still better than Tisci.

Last edited:
They did my boy Kit Butler dirty with that that mallard duck hat.....

It was a lot more playful and whimsical to what I expected. Some of the men's looks seemed out of place. For someone who had a very strong vision for Bottega, this seems very safe and wearable (Which may be the point after Tisci). Given he didn't have a lot of time to prep for this collection, hopefully he finds a more distinct voice next collection.

I honestly feel disappointed. I know Burberry is not supposed to be all-about luxury and craftmanship like BV, but I was expecting something more elevated. This being said, I only loved the chiffon and sateen dresses.
Me too. I had no skin in the game so I was very open and was let down. I went back to look at Tisci’s debut at Burberry and it was fantastic. Second and third collections are going to be crucial.

It seems like he's trying to restrain himself so as not to slide into the frankly ugly Bottega collection of his last season.
This collection is strange, but still wearable, most of all I liked the bag in the colours of Union Jack and several dresses, but I still consider him a mediocre designer, sorry, but much ado about nothing.

I'm shocked. Absolutely gobsmacked. I don't know what I just saw. I was expecting something sophisticated and glamorous, instead it was the total opposite. Cheap looking fabrications, bulky proportions, questionable colors, and a complete lack of taste. I don't know if he was trying to be ironic, if that's the case then he needs to take a step back and come back to reality. At first I liked how he subverted the check into different colors, that is until It all started to blur together to a point where it was no longer special. Then for some reason only god knows, he felt the need to introduce the printed t-shirts. "A rose is not always red" Who the f*ck is he kidding? So he paired a blue rose t-shirt with a pair of shoes adorned with blue roses, come on... Now onto the shoes. I wasn't expecting to have a good laugh today, but there they were in all their furry glory. Overall it was all over the place. There was no cohesion or direction. I wouldn't want to wear any of this and I'm probably not the only one that shares that sentiment. Did anyone also notice how much debris was left on the runway from some of the pieces? They were literally falling apart. What a fitting metaphor for this collection!

It’s so bad that it’s almost good….
I found it really ugly but there were some interesting touches of humor. I gravitate towards designers who likes to challenge my perception of taste so maybe it has something that I can appreciate.

I loved that it felt British, I loved the cast, the mood and the music. I really loved one look towards the end: a chiffon dress with ruffles around the neck worn with riding boots. The bags were good..

That being said: THE FAKE FUR! Stop with that already!
The collection felt very much trendy, IG oriented and quite mediocre in terms of real proposition to wear…

It felt like the new Marni…

It will be interesting to see how this will be translated in the commercial collection.

It’s weird because Riccardo did delivered better collections but this really had a British flair to it…

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alantrabriggs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->