Valentino Pre-Fall 2011

MissMagAddict

Reaction score
“Techno-couture” was the buzzword at Valentino for pre-fall. Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli designed a covetable collection where everything looked extremely rich but fresh and young at the same time. “Our goal is to deliver wearable pieces which women can truly enjoy and can mix and match accordingly to their attitude,” said Chiuri.

Added Piccioli: “We want to transmit the feeling of an effortless elegance.”

Minidresses were abundant, including architectural-inspired ones in stretch wool — the designers’ key fabric — as well as a combination of chiffon, lace and slick leather for a luxurious yet edgy look. There were also playful coats, voluminous furs, ruched nylon and satin trenches, and little fur intarsia cardigans embellished with the house’s iconic rose motifs on the shoulders.

source | wwd.com

They will never move on from ruffles and lace, will they?

Nope never...

I mean honestly this is not the worst they have done but we have seen it all before I neab how many times have we seen that same lace and chiffon dress. But I cant believe Im about to say this but I actually really like the first look the yellow dress, the thrid look the black jacket and skirt and the fourth look the yellow suit. Those are the only peices that are actually nice but the rest is just the same old crap. Im just so sick of it...

Like the shoes, kinda like the 2nd, 4th and 5th looks.

The last dress is the only thing I find even the least bit interesting.

The model's face scares me as if she was mad disgusted to be in that.
As many girls would be....

Some of the dresses are pretty, and some of the looks could even be perceived as elegant. But, for some reason. When these two, are using some the Valentino signatures, the clothes lose a sense of luxury or refinement. Their clothes always seem heavy handed and over-designed.

Ouhhh, I really thought we were getting somewhere with the spring collection - I thought they were finally channeling their girly Valentino aesthetic in a vaguely appealing way, but this just reverts back to all of the god-awful things they have done in the past.
I just really don't get how they put looks together - dress one, why have they got frills on the top and a bow belt? Look 2 of post #2, how did they even imagine a look with such little harmony? The least said about the fur patchwork, the better.
I think that's their main problem - a massive lack of... well, I was going to say, a massive lack of 'understanding of how to balance their designs', but doesn't that just mean a massive lack of talent, in the fashion industry?

Look 2 of post #1 is nice, but looks like something from a British graduate collection, and I like the Persian lamb panels in the jacket after it.

valentino04.jpg

Lanvin too much

wwd

Seen it all before , I must say that this is a very boring collection

i agree with this sentiment. i'd be happy if every collection didn't look formulaic. seriously, it seems like they said, "if we use lace and ruffles, then it will look valentino. and hey, if we use leather, it'll look young and edgy."

however, i love the fur.

It's not THAT bad you guys.
I personally like it. Especially the cream colored dress in post #1, the second dress (black sheer) in post #2, and the fur look in post #2.

I personally think this looks very refined and chic. So what if they are using the codes they have developed for their Valentino woman (ruffles, lace)? They manage to reinvent it a little each season and make it look fresh.

Besides, whats commendable about this is the fact that it is timeless and not trendy. These looks will be relevant in five / ten years to come and this is something they have had to negotiate with their own Valentino aesthetic and the old-world Valentino aesthetic.

Bravo! Can't wait for their Fall / Winter 2011 collection!

^I completely agree with you, I love the direction theyve taken Valentino, its still chic but young and modern too, this collection is gorgeous, the first 2 dresses especially are fab

I think I've seen all of these before. They have made that lace pants but in pale pink!! Gosh, I wish this would be Valentino that somehow I won't ever get. The collection(as of these pics only) is quite boring and there is no luxe in it.

i just cant at that 4th dress... hideous copy of Alber's design

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->