Valentino Pre-Fall 2011

is valentino kinda lazy for this collection?
it's like he's just copy paste from valentino for GAP! boring.. ruffles, lace.. errr...

I don't really see Valentino for Gap here... I abhorred that collection, this one I need more time on.

About the ruffle thing, I think it's a bit narrow minded and shallow to reduce Valentino as a brand simply to ruffles and lace and that's why some don't want to see them all the time. It's as if to say if i send down potato sacks with a ruffle and a skirting of lace we can say it fits Valentino when that obviously is not the case. It would be good in my opinion to see pieces without those two attributes to see if the new designers really have ascertained the spirit of the house. But I mean I just think that's why there are complaints about that I may be wrong.

The duo gets no innovation,seriously...what's the difference between this collection and the previous one? -_-

The only thing I like is the second dress, the rest is boring and repetitive...

Much of this collection is like a less dramatic version of the Lanvin aesthetic. Tbh, I think that's the best thing about this collection.

Wow, this is repetitive beyond words. And of course it will be a huge hit on the red carpet

01m.jpg
02m.jpg

03m.jpg
04m.jpg

05m.jpg
06m.jpg

07m.jpg
08m.jpg

09m.jpg
10m.jpg

style.com

i dont care what anyone says i love it and i have loved all the work these two have done at the house.

There are some pretty things. Nothing more. It's boring and repetitive. Repetitive in a bad way.

the leather I think was done very well. It could've turned out a disaster but I feel like it turned out well. For some reason I'm feeling this Givenchy and yet still very Celine underpinning of some shows... I find it here as well.

They wanted to transmit a feeling of effortless elegance? Job accomplished... with ruffles and lace (instead of a cherry!) on top. ;0)

Love it, very romantic and dramatic at the same time. Its look modern just younger generation of Valentino.

Well..it's a lovely collection but if they can get over lace and ruffles, then I would see something innovative a Valentino. Surely, this collection can sell but they just got lazy and re-do their works. I hope those lace pants won't come haunting me during F/W week.

It is in fact a lovely, nice, sweet and girlie collection but I don't know, sometimes is so hard for me to read "Valentino" in those looks... I really miss Mr. Garavani!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaKel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->