Calvin Klein Resort 2010 New York

helmut.newton

Reaction score
I didn't see this posted yet :blush::flower:

NEW YORK, June 3, 2009

By Nicole Phelps

Francisco Costa didn't put destination clothes on his Resort runway—no bikinis or caftans here—but the airy palette; the weightless, often diaphanous fabrics; and the way many of the looks fell away from the body did convey a mood of relaxed, unburdened ease. The "T dress," so named because of its off-the-shoulders silhouette, was a key piece—for day it was cut in transparent nylon and billowed asymmetrically to the knee; for evening it came in shimmering gray organza and grazed the top of the model's skimmy leather oxfords. A gold nylon knit jacket and matching bandeau top that evoked Fortuny seemed to radiate a light of their own, and an asymmetrical silk Lurex gown would positively glow at a sunset wedding. If the sheerness of many of the other pieces—see-through cuff-detail trousers?—was a bit puzzling, there were plenty of more practical but still chic options hanging on the showroom's racks.

t6fmec.jpg
2jg9jc2.jpg

jgik3d.jpg
29aws8w.jpg

style.com

I like the colours but I hate the flat shoes (they are flat, right?)
Thanks for the pictures helmut.newton

Oh, it's beautiful! So light, fresh and ethereal but not boring. That is just what I needed after Francisco's F/W 09 collection.

I might be the only one, but I quite enjoy the flat shoes. I'm not too sure about the gold shoes, but the rest are quite chic.

I really like this collection; its soft, breezy and very lightweight. Its the perfect Resort collection, no?

I also feel a very 90's aesthetic. Especially in those first few looks.

Calvin Klein is like one big collection these days, every season its the same old boring thing. I havent seen anything new in years.
This looks like Victorian underwear. The dresses are very motherly and the shoes are grandmotherly.

are those men shoes? seriously?

the dresses are nice enough but seriously, the shoes pull me out of this moment.

The shoes are wretched with the clothes. I wouldn't have minded flats (a nice flat strappy sandal, a ballet flat) but rather than add a quirky edge I think they just look odd.

The clothes on the other hand are a very welcome change of pace from Costa, and there's something about this that's very Calvin in the late 90s/very early 00s. And thank god for the shots of color! It's high time that Costa remembers that CK isn't always black, white and gray.

I just adore this. It's a perfect resort collection, the last two dresses and the grey dress on Kasia are amazing.

very light and airy, soft and tender.... so many really good Cruise collections this year!

i love the colors, the fabrics..everything about this collection is so tender and light :heart:

I'm in love with this, especially the dresses :heart:
the colors, the lightness...everything is so beautiful! I even don't mind the shoes :P

What a pretty, ethereal collection, love the light transparent layers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->