Lanvin Resort 2010

papa_levante

oh! darling
Reaction score
WWD

Aloha! Alber Elbaz’s spring collection for Lanvin is a delightful mix of the exotic and chic. His “accidental tourist” gathered up fashion gems from Tahiti, Romania, India — you name it — and mixed them with her everyday wardrobe. It added up to a fun and eccentric collection that was slightly folkloric and rounded out with capsules of tailoring, long dresses, denim, jersey and bridal. Full skirts evoked Frida Kahlo; an Afghani top went over a chic black skirt with flower appliqués, and Elbaz’s signature pearls sprouted colorful flowers for a lei à la Lanvin. The holiday spirit continued in a silver sequin T-shirt and track pants set that looked ready for any dance floor in the world, while a vibrant turquoise evening dress oozed the nonchalance of a beach towel.

vifc4p.png
2zgc3cx.png

xdgzes.png
6fvax2.png

3509ogo.png

the glitter bodysuit and the printed dresses are to die for. its all so fun

I DIE! :stuart:

i love it when the good girl goes BAD. way to rock the party. this reminds me of when prada went all sexy back in fall of 2002. who says the sparkles from balmain/gucci/margiela wouldn't stick around for awhile?

besides that, i'm over-the-top in love with the rest of this madcap collection. the dresses are perfection. the jewelry is so quirky it'd transform the most mild ensemble completely lanvin. and marc jacobs are alber elbaz will have to fight over who can create the most crazy hats! :crush:

Too much. It's silly and gimmicky. And here I thought Alber was seriously incapable of creating anything that wasn't perfect. Oh well, this is only Cruise.

Delightful! I really like that he is doing resort as resort and keeping a playful, beach-y feeling.

Let's just say I prefer pre-fall ... by about a factor of 1000 :ninja:
You and me both

I do like the look of that full skirt/button down combo, but that's only because it really does bring to mind Frida's style. The rest is kind of sloppy. :ninja:

TDF! Gorgeous. especially the blue maxi dress and the sequined body suit.

This may be the first collection of Alber's I loathe. I don't really see Lanvin in it... although I think that is largely due to the styling, not the clothes themselves. If you removed most of the accessories, maybe, just maybe, I would like it.

Too much. It's silly and gimmicky. And here I thought Alber was seriously incapable of creating anything that wasn't perfect. Oh well, this is only Cruise.

My sentiment exactly. But the SS09 Cruise was rather silly IMO, too yet there were some beautiful pieces from SS09 collection, so the SS10 collection should be better than this.
Lanvin is consistently gorge in fall:flower:

The styling is absurd and the model choice is ridiculous - I'll wait for this follow-up in 2011

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->