Calvin Klein "Secret Obsession" : Eva Mendes by Steven Meisel

I like it....especially the hair. Stringy in the special 60s way :wink:

It's kind of Raquel Welch looking....not that that's a bad thing.

I'm dying to know which version of the ad has all the controversy surrounding it. I'm hoping it's not the one that's been posted but if it is, people really need to get out more.

The ad looks good
I think Eva Mendes is such a good model

Last edited by a moderator:
eh, i love the original obsession, i used to wear it a few years ago.

someone else would've done better on this ad.

It is the television campaign which has been banned by US authorities...the print campaign looks tame so I doubt that is banned.

Shot by Steven Meisel, the television commercial has been banned Stateside, causing Coty Prestige (the fragrance license holder) to vow to fight the decision.
"Every time we do TV [with the Calvin brand] it comes back with some sort of push-back from the networks - but nothing like this. This time," said Catherine Walsh, senior vice president of Coty. "We're going to fight."
So what is it about the ad that has got censors all hot under the collar? Well according to WWD, it's a mixture of what Mendes says and doesn't say, combined with steamy music and lots of skin.
"The Obsession brand resonates in a very provocative place," she added. "And we wanted to do a provocative ad. But we're not trying to be raunchy. There's a lot of skin, but it's done tastefully."
This is the latest sexy turn for Mendes, who was recently snapped topless and toe-sucking (yep, you read right) for Italian Vogue, as well as appearing sans attire for the last issue of Jane magazine.
With this the first of two ad deals that she has inked for Calvin Klein, the mind boggles at what she'll do for CK's next underwear campaign...
[catwalk queen]

She looks beautiful but the ad looks like something we have seen many times before

don't like it & i can't believe some people think eva's classy

She is beautiful but this is an ordinary perfume ad, i have seen this before, Meisel is starting to bore me to death, and i do wonder what the TV ad looks like.

awful pic, i love Meisels work, but what happened there... looks like shes chalkin or somethin....not a good thing for a perfume ad

i believe they would have done alot better with eva m but all the same its not a bad ad

The whole thing looks like a new perfume found down at the drugstore, a scent with cheap amber and musk notes, available for $11. And it could be anyone in that advert, I can barely see the woman's beauty, just swirling hair and a beauty spot - and a phallic bottle pointing at the open mouth of a passive and waiting recipient. At least Tom Ford brings the imagery out into the open.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's ok. Nothing special. Nobody can sell a CK perfume like Natalia Vodianova. This doesn't grab my attention and doesn't stand out of the crowd.

i dont know .. it looks like another perfume ad to me!
Ive seen ads that are worse!

I'm dying to know which version of the ad has all the controversy surrounding it. I'm hoping it's not the one that's been posted but if it is, people really need to get out more.

:lol:so right! the creative team should have some fun too though

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->