Calvin Klein "Secret Obsession" : Eva Mendes by Steven Meisel

It kinda looks Gucci like ... and Ill take this ad over the Tommy H ad -at least this one commits-

Im not sure about the camera angle ... im torn and I like the idea ... Id like to see the commercial ... overall, to me its a yes!

Here is the banned TV ad.
http://frillr.com/?q=node/9091
Fabien Baron talks about the banned commercial:

“You must be kidding me. This country really needs a new president — this country is so messed up,” said Baron. “It’s such a joke and it’s quite upsetting, frankly, how hypocritical this country has become. It’s OK for children to see people killed by guns? Spreading a little love right now would be a good idea.
“She is being a little sexy, but they are not provocative,” added Baron. “They are really well done. The spot is really beautiful — I really can’t believe this is happening.…I don’t know what else to say.”
WWD
I'm totally with Baron...this country (US) is totally jacked up.

Uhm...they could have retained the theme if they replaced one short segment where you see her breast. Just do it if you want it on TV in the US...this isn't a surprise at all, so I'm assuming it's a calculated move to be outraged.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, i agree, coz i saw her nipple and it's quite too racy to be air on tv. except maybe for cable only. so far it's still good TVC.

it doesn't surprise me that it was banned, the commercial was a bit racy. i just wonder what the CK people were really thinking... hello, it's conservative America!

still didn't stop me from following the whole campaign:

http://www.secretobsessioncalvinklein.com/

(ad + all the shoots. i didn't see anyone posting the site, although it's a little obviouss. srry if i's a second post!)

I dont know what is wrong with the commercial.
Well, you can see Eva´s breast bt what? I already seen some commercials that they show female breasts.

^You live in Europe though right? The Americans still pretend to be very very innocent and kosher that's it. I've seen it too and I think it's a beautiful clip and I didn't even really notice the nipples. Not the most outrageous campaign ever, but a sensuous one.

^yes thank god I live in Europe.
yep I didnt notice her nippes too, bt when I saw somebody saying that she showed her nipples, then I went to see the clip again & you can see it in some part of it, bt not big deal.

The nipple is not essential to the beauty of this clip....so just cut it out already and let the Americans enjoy this lovely commercial. For some reason it reminds me of Chanel No 5 w/ Deneuve from the 70s (found some on youtube recently and had them on repeat for a few days) :lol:

Uhm...they could have retained the theme if they replaced one short segment where you see her breast. Just do it if you want it on TV in the US...this isn't a surprise at all, so I'm assuming it's a calculated move to be outraged.
:blink::unsure: ... you must be kidding, right ?!
even if it's a calculated thing ...
i'm sorry to say that with these kind of words we would be still under .... well europeans know what ....
this kind of behaviour could not make the world go further .... it's just a NIPPLE !!! be serious one second ! :o

They have recut it for america, but the original isnt a big deal anyways!!

:blink::unsure: ... you must be kidding, right ?!
even if it's a calculated thing ...
i'm sorry to say that with these kind of words we would be still under .... well europeans know what ....
this kind of behaviour could not make the world go further .... it's just a NIPPLE !!! be serious one second ! :o

Eh...? It's mainstream television. I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, actually. Could you clarify? I would be fine with the nipple...but I can understand that there are other sensibilities. It's not as if they're denying women the delight of seeing their peers frollicking on beds, it's just a matter of a tiny little part of the body.

Now, to say that type of thing can't exist anywhere in the media - I would strongly disagree with that. To say that she mustn't be shown as semi-nude at all, I would disagree with that. But covering up the venus mound and nipples on mainstream TV seems pretty ok to me, as a matter of fact...

That's it? That's the ad with all the hoopla?

I mean, I get why it was banned. There's no way a commercial that clearly exposes nude female breasts would be allowed to air in it's un-censored form. But I was expecting something....more I guess. It's kind of a letdown tbh.

It's a good ad though, very beautiful.

Sidenote, this whole thing is a pretty thinly veiled marketing ploy. We all know there's no way an ad like this would be shown on network television at all hours of the day. We all know that no one would be interested in the new take on a classic fragrance unless there was reason to be.

Mission accomplished.

they just sell the sex appeal and their main target is to the people who can see the complete uncensored ad in the internet.

Omg I just saw that ad on tv, I mean the full ad with the niple part included!
thank god I dont live in the states.

I hate seeing pic 4 in post 54 every day at 6 in the morning at the bus stop. She looks like a moron. It seems like someone thought that as long as she is naked, it doesn't matter that she looks like a donkey in the face.

Omg I just saw that ad on tv, I mean the full ad with the niple part included!
thank god I dont live in the states.

The commercial is great. I saw it two days ago on tv even without translation, Eva's voice is so sensual and she was the perfect choice for this. It's not as cheap looking any more but I still don't like the print version, there sould be magazines with small displays and videos.

The bottle is not so bad anymore either. Now I can't wait for the new One campaign, Calvin Klein and CK fragrances and commercials are always great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->