Camp Beverly Hills Trend

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
the new owners

Last edited by a moderator:
someone just shoot me now...i lived through this once already in the eighties...only the most obnoxious and annoying girls in my school had these tops....please just put me out of my misery...i can't do it again...this is the new uggs...i guarantee it....next to be seen on paris and jessica :yuk:

Camp Beverly Hills Takes over NYC
It’s just as we feared

Wednesday, April 07, 2004

High-flying fashionistas may not like the L.A. boho beach look, but if this week’s re-launch of Camp Beverly Hills at Scoop is any indication, they better get used to it. Those who thought Uggs were the beginning and end of the LA invasion on New York style were sorely mistaken.

Camp Beverly Hills, the kitschy t-shirt line popular in the 1980’s, has re-introduced a line of their logo-emblazoned tees, this time with new washes and colors to modernize the look.  Jaime Gleicher of “Rich Girls” is the line’s official face and hosted the launch. “We sold twenty-five percent of our stock in the first day,” Scoop owner Stephanie Greenfield told the Daily.

Fashion editors have already declared the comeback a hit. “With lines like [Camp Beverly Hills] you can’t go wrong,” says Irina Arakas, fashion writer at Vogue. “Some women will wear it with jeans and look great, and there’s the woman with a knowing and ironic sense, who will pair it with a Chanel tweed jacket. I can see Helen Schifter doing that.”

Wow.  With Jaime G. and Helen Schifter leading this trend, can you really afford to miss out?  

Does anybody know if these shirts are being sold, and if so where can i buy one.

Carly

the article which is right above your post SAYS it's being sold at scoop///

thats the kinda thing i wouldnt be seen dead in ... unless its far far away from where its supposedly trendy.. like here :ninja: :lol:

Originally posted by leyla m.@Apr 9th, 2004 - 6:42 pm
thats the kinda thing i wouldnt be seen dead in ... unless its far far away from where its supposedly trendy.. like here :ninja: :lol:
thats my girl, i so like your sense of chic leyla B)

no 'camp' t-shirts for lena anywhere and at any given time :lol:

WOW! This again. I don't know if I should admit it here or not, but not only did I own one of those sweatshirts, I actually took the time to make it. They sold the pattern with an iron-on included in the envelope. It was one of my first sewing projects in junior high. so, so sad....

Originally posted by purechris@Apr 9th, 2004 - 3:51 pm
WOW! This again. I don't know if I should admit it here or not, but not only did I own one of those sweatshirts, I actually took the time to make it. They sold the pattern with an iron-on included in the envelope. It was one of my first sewing projects in junior high. so, so sad....
AH CHRIS>>>you trendy monster you... :lol: :wink:

From The Daily :heart:
Camp Beverly Hills Takes over NYC
It’s just as we feared

Wednesday, April 07, 2004

High-flying fashionistas may not like the L.A. boho beach look, but if this week’s re-launch of Camp Beverly Hills at Scoop is any indication, they better get used to it. Those who thought Uggs were the beginning and end of the LA invasion on New York style were sorely mistaken.

Camp Beverly Hills, the kitschy t-shirt line popular in the 1980’s, has re-introduced a line of their logo-emblazoned tees, this time with new washes and colors to modernize the look. Jaime Gleicher of “Rich Girls” is the line’s official face and hosted the launch. “We sold twenty-five percent of our stock in the first day,” Scoop owner Stephanie Greenfield told the Daily.

Fashion editors have already declared the comeback a hit. “With lines like [Camp Beverly Hills] you can’t go wrong,” says Irina Arakas, fashion writer at Vogue. “Some women will wear it with jeans and look great, and there’s the woman with a knowing and ironic sense, who will pair it with a Chanel tweed jacket. I can see Helen Schifter doing that.”

Wow. With Jaime G. and Helen Schifter leading this trend, can you really afford to miss out?

we need a merge...i posted this earlier... :innocent:

This looks like something I'd get on the sale rack at the department store at the mall. I don't see how it will become that huge of a trend when it's not very original and the "label" and "expensive-ness" can't be noticed that easily. :rolleyes:

Give me 'Camp Australia' anyday :lol:

I am underwhelmed.

Blah, blah, blah...teeshirts with smartass quips on them. Will it ever end? Over 10 years ago, when I was a freshman in highschool, it was considered the height of witicism to wear a Levi's tee that had "Button your Fly" printed on it. I never owned own.

I do not want people reading my boobs.

I find it annoying when I read these tee's that people think Im staring at their boobs. OK, their fault, they wore the tee right. But when other people see you reading the tee, and they assume.... You get the picture.

Originally posted by hollyslookingdry@Apr 10th, 2004 - 2:10 pm
I don't get it....what's so great about them?
i don't know?...what's so great about velour sweatsuits?.... :innocent: :ninja:

go figure?>

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->