Camp Beverly Hills Trend

*CAMP MONACO*
:zorro: the principality who refuses camp teeshirts :glare: :zorro:

Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep@Apr 11th, 2004 - 12:54 am
:lol: What's next, slogans on the crotches of guys pants?
It's been done, actually... :ninja:

I am underwhelmed.

Blah, blah, blah...teeshirts with smartass quips on them. Will it ever end? Over 10 years ago, when I was a freshman in highschool, it was considered the height of witicism to wear a Levi's tee that had "Button your Fly" printed on it. I never owned own.

I do not want people reading my boobs

:lol: Ditto AYLT! :flower:

Originally posted by softgrey+Apr 10th, 2004 - 10:25 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Apr 10th, 2004 - 10:25 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-hollyslookingdry@Apr 10th, 2004 - 2:10 pm
I don't get it....what's so great about them?
i don't know?...what's so great about velour sweatsuits?.... :innocent: :ninja:

go figure?> [/b][/quote]
Ahahahah.
I had a velour sweatshirt before anyone. I did, really. Well, I wore one, then all the local hoods started to. They are great because, errrm...

Originally posted by leyla m.@Apr 10th, 2004 - 7:53 pm
*CAMP MONACO*
Do you live in Monaco, leyla? I've never been there but I want to go!!

Originally posted by As You Like It@Apr 10th, 2004 - 2:55 pm
I am underwhelmed.

Blah, blah, blah...teeshirts with smartass quips on them. Will it ever end? Over 10 years ago, when I was a freshman in highschool, it was considered the height of witicism to wear a Levi's tee that had "Button your Fly" printed on it. I never owned own.

I do not want people reading my boobs.
Or your rear... :ninja:

^^ but wouldn't you want people to think your bum was " juicy" ? :P :rolleyes:

Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep@Apr 10th, 2004 - 3:54 pm
:lol: What's next, slogans on the crotches of guys pants?
Actually there are some! :woot:

Lucky jeans have Lucky you written on the fly of their guys pants... :innocent:

Originally posted by fuj@Apr 11th, 2004 - 2:24 pm
Hahah well...sometimes its a bit cute to be funny or cheeky(excuse the pun) with your pants or shirts...I have some shirts meant to be worn just as a laugh...

I don't get whats the difference between having a camp BH sweatshirt and another one...I rather get a cheap cute one than a "trendy all the rave" sweatshirt thats like $100 bucks that looks just as good as my $10 one.big deal if its the it thing..sweatshirt is a sweatshirt...

But...I'd maybe buy one because my friends at my new school call me that because I am all about Beverly Hills, West La, Newport, Malibu, blah blah...

so it would be a private joke on a shirt...and I'm all about laughs :lol:

Originally posted by leyla m.@Apr 11th, 2004 - 8:53 am
*CAMP MONACO*

:rofl:

Thats cute :heart:

Originally posted by fuj@Apr 11th, 2004 - 5:24 pm
Absolutely not. My butt is certainly not juicy. Tough and stringy is probably more like it...

I'm younger than most of the people in this topic cause I don't ever remember Camp Beverly Hills, except that 2 yrs ago my mom came home with a swimsuit that said Camp Beverly Hills and it came w/ a skirt and everything but I thought it was ugly so she returned it! I'm not against what you guys said I'm just confused so could someone please tell me why you guys hate this so much? I think they're cute, but I don't know if you don't like them cause snotty rich girls wear them or what, I'm just confused and I guess too young.... lol but from what my mother tells me it's not that cheap, like it's "Macy's" level, but someone pleaaaseeeee explain this to me! :blush: :flower:

Originally posted by As You Like It+Apr 11th, 2004 - 10:36 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (As You Like It @ Apr 11th, 2004 - 10:36 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-fuj@Apr 11th, 2004 - 5:24 pm
Absolutely not. My butt is certainly not juicy. Tough and stringy is probably more like it... [/b][/quote]
:lol:

i would say thats better than a juicy butt... liquid in your bum sounds a bit disguisting :sick: :innocent:

Originally posted by leyla m.@Apr 10th, 2004 - 7:53 pm
*CAMP MONACO*
Actually, back in the day when Club Monaco was starting out their main product was a sweatshirt with this big CLUB MONACO logo on it. Every girl at my school had one and if your sweatshirt didn't say CLUB MONACO or GAP on it you weren't cool.

I didn't have either so I wasn't cool. :cry:

Originally posted by softgrey@Apr 9th, 2004 - 11:10 am

Wow.  With Jaime G. and Helen Schifter leading this trend, can you really afford to miss out?  
Really? Jamie G.'s inspired fashion choices don't make you want to rush out and snap this stuff up? But she's so original and influential. :lol:

Originally posted by sweetjane@May 29th, 2004 - 7:35 pm
how are these appealing?
and who are they appealing to?
I know all it says is Camp Beverly Hills. On every single item of clothing, cause I was looking @ them earlier on ShopBop.com.......kinda weird this brand is!

Originally posted by sweetjane@May 29th, 2004 - 7:35 pm
and who are they appealing to?
Abercrombie and Fitch and American Eagle cult followers would be my guess.

These guys just want to milk the name and get as much money out of the deal as possible. This is
done over and over. Some people are successful at it others just lose money. I remember that CBH
crap back in high school and even some of my friends had that crap. I never did, and never will. Not that
I am the height of chic but that stuff never appealed to me. Also i grew up in the SF bay area, and lets face
it people in CA have their own ideas about fashion, its a diff mind set than the east coast ( Hollywood). I am not saying it is good or bad, just diff.CBH is bad though. I am going to check it out on Shopbop to see if I am right though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->