Canada Goose

Discussion in 'Shop Till You Drop' started by Meg, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

This Canadian brand of winterwear has been around for awhile, and growing steadily in popularity the past couple of years. They make serious heavy duty parka's for men/women/kids and I love the simplicity in a lot of their design. Colette has recently collaborated with them to produce a limited edition version of several jackets.

I'm considering getting the women's Kensington parka but I fear that it may be too warm for the streets of London and perhaps not so work-wear friendly. Do others have any Canada Goose jackets/coats - what are your thoughts? Are they versatile or only good for those living in harsh winter climates?

the Kensington (I prefer it in military green:(
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Men's Freestyle vest:
    [​IMG]

Men's Calgary parka:
    [​IMG]
    all images ssense.com

#1 Meg, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited by moderator : Oct 21, 2010
  2. sharbear508

sharbear508 New Member

I just bought my first Canada Goose parka last year and absolutely love it! I debated between the Trillium and the Kensington and ended up with the Trillium.

[​IMG]

The Kensington is supposed to be the most stylish design of the bunch - it's the most slim-fitting and flattering. It's also less warm than the other models. For me, being in Canada, I wanted the warmest jacket I could get, but if you have milder winters where you are, the Kensington might just be perfect! I work in an office environment and wear my Canada goose parka to work...I don't see a problem with it.

Btw, I noticed your images are from ssense.com. That's actually where I bought mine from...great service!

image from ssense.com

#2 sharbear508, Oct 22, 2010
    Last edited by moderator : Oct 22, 2010
  3. Meg

Yeah I've seen a lot of people like the Trillium. Since I won't be spending much of my winter in Canada (only a couple weeks at the most) I don't need the heaviest jacket. I worry that wearing a parka to work is more acceptable in Canada than the UK :lol: But I do think the Trillium and Kensington are much sleeker. Did you get the Trillium in the white? Thanks for the tip about ssense!

4. sharbear508

sharbear508 New Member

You may be right about wearing parkas to work being more acceptable in Canada than the UK...our winters are just that much colder, so it's a necessity!

I did get the Trillium in white. I was worried about it getting dirty, but it hasn't been an issue yet. I love the look of white winter outerwear!

5. e-v-elina

e-v-elina New Member

i, as well as most people in sweden, own an "expedition parka" because it gets kinda cold here :P they keep you super warm, well worth the price.

6. Jungla_Juana

Jungla_Juana technicolor tweed

As the cold european winter starts to hit Italy, I think it is about time I get myself a super warm parka. I do have a woolrich kid's parka but it's beyond tattered, so I did my research and apparently CG make the absolute warmest outerwear. I was considering the Trillium but I'm unsure of the sizing and as I'm buying online I want to have as much info as I can get... I am an italian size 42 (shoulder measurement) and 1.70cm tall.

sharbear508 can you provide any info regarding Trillium sizing?

7. Meg

In my experience, CG fits pretty true to size. It depends how much you want to wear underneath - however the parkas are so warm that at least you don't need to layer sweaters and things!

8. empaulio

empaulio New Member

I too am trying to decide on a CG over a Moncler. I am yet to look into both brands styles. I do hear good things about CG.
    In terms of mens styles and colours what are others opinions?
    The only ones I have seen in the UK use artificial fur

9. e-v-elina

e-v-elina New Member

^ i've never seen a CG with artificial fur. there are alot of fake CG going around though with artificial fur.

10. honeyisle

honeyisle Active Member

So many people here in Montreal own these. I sometime play "count the canada Goose jackets" in my head when walking around. They are good quality jackets though. I just think they're so overexposed. I suppose who cares when you're not freezing your a$$ off.

11. Jungla_Juana

Jungla_Juana technicolor tweed

Meg... so you think a sz S will work?
    and I know everyone associates them with tacky individuals (such is the case for Moncler and Woolrich in Italy) but I am just looking for something that will keep me warm in freezing climes:blush:

alternatively to CG I've also recently heard good things about Primaloft insulated jackets.

12. e-v-elina

e-v-elina New Member

about the sizing, my experience with the expedition parka (i'm not sure if this applys to all styles) but they run really big. i bought a XS and it's waay big (but really cozy lol), XXS would of probably been a better fit for me. but id suggest to go to a store to try it out, not to buy it online.

13. empaulio

empaulio New Member

I dont think Selfridges stock fakes, I think it was more likely due to the the fact they have restrictions when it comes to selling fur.

I cannot stand the feel of artificial fur, so I'd have to keep looking unless I order online.

14. sharbear508

sharbear508 New Member

I'm usually a size 36/38 and I bought the XS in the Trillium, but I've adjusted the inside belt to the tightest it will go. I think a XXS would have worked for me as well, but only XS was available when I managed to find it on sale last year (no sales anymore).

Good luck! CG jackets are incredibly warm and worth every penny IMO!

15. Rebe

Rebe Guest

i play that game too hahaha.

I personally dont own a CG, I wanted one way back but after seeing it on pretty much everybody here in Stockholm, I kind of didn't want one anymore lol. But it is a great jacket and everybody who owns one say that it really keeps you warm.

16. e-v-elina

e-v-elina New Member

yes the only reason why people own these jackets is because they keep you extremely warm. they arent pretty in any way at all. but when its -10c degress out, i don't really care what i look like.

17. empaulio

empaulio New Member

I hear that its like wearing a duvet, thats how warm they are! :heart:

18. gius

gius Active Member

yea:P they should make pants!!

19. Jenna-maria

Jenna-maria New Member

I guess I am getting old because I wanna the warmest coat.
    I really cannot handle another winter wearing just teeny tiny winter coat.
    It is already freeeeeeeeezing.
    Oh god, this is going to be coldets winter in thousand years or something like that, so it is good to won
    GOOD winter coat.
    ...I guess same goes with CG and for example leather jackets, everybody wants them! CG just is the warmest kind of coat I know.
    Too bad it is just so expensive so I had to take another kind of coat, wich is super warm too. I just liked how CG have been made.

I am interested from Montebello Parka
    so many colours to choose, but I would still take black.
    I tested also women Chilliwack Bomber , it was peeeerfect
    :heart::heart:

20. Kimkhuu

Kimkhuu New Member

I got the montebello parka. Over because it's at the level of the hops. The bomber would be too short for me. The montebello is sooooooooooooooooooooo warm. :heart: