Miss Universe Canada Accepts Transsexual Contestant

^ Nature has allowed countless species of animals and plants to adapt over time into their environments and to develop special features that suits their environment. And although nature always prefers diversity over uniformity, it has never produced a third gender, nor has it ever allowed any species to develop the ability to choose its gender. And how do you know that nature is wrong and the person is right? Slaves to nature? There are millions of medical historians that will argue that we're actually slaves to medicine because we use to artificially live against nature.

you sound -extremely- uneducated on the subject of gender

gender isn't a black and white thing for a lot of people, the bbc had a very interesting documentary on this issue a while back.. you should really check it out, you might learn something.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0139jv4

I never said it was :huh: I just acknowledged a few posts ago. I just choose to look at it from a scientific point of view, not social. Nor am I saying that I'm absolutely correct, I'm stating my opinion like the rest.

^And although nature always prefers diversity over uniformity, it has never produced a third gender, nor has it ever allowed any species to develop the ability to choose its gender.

It's a weird and wonderful world, nature has produced some fantastic creatures and processes that continually make us see things in a new light.

In terms of fashion and style, there is an interesting discussion to be had, about how much of accepted femininity is an outward construct, based on dressing up and painting your face. A woman who chooses to pass on the warpaint and all that, can often be derided as somehow lacking, when it comes to making the grade as a girl.

I've mentioned her on tfs before, but I remember a model from the 80s, Tula, who became a Bond girl simply on the basis of her looks, before newspapers decided to reveal the story that she was a male-to-female transsexual. She was born with Klinefelter's Syndrome (XXY) and decided to become a woman through treatment and surgery, and ended up as a fashion/glamour model (de-fact-o.com:(

To be honest, I couldn't care whether genes, god or a surgeon is responsible for the creation of someone's genitals, because it's their own business. Never mind what you're born as - life's too short to be unhappy about these things, when there's help at hand.

Off topic, but Miss Finland who is sent to Miss Universe still can`t have anything done, implants, fillers, nothing, it is in the rules. I am personally against all those procedures, but these poor finnish girls have nothing to compete with these half-android humans :lol:

It's the way that it should be done in every country (hey Miss Finlands are hot) I don't like for example how certain contestans of certain countries *cof cof Venezuela cof cof* have to adapt (by cosmetic procedures and surgery) to certain standars set by a dictator (Osmel Sousa). :yuk:

About the trasgender contestant I think they did the wright thing, not because I have something against trasgenders, but because she has an advantage over the rest of contestans, if from the start he was moldeable to go from male to female she can improve her beauty far more then natural girls. Altough in my opinion she is not really beauty pageant worthy, (in other words to me she is not that pretty), look at Thailand I think (they can fool anyone). :shock:
Also you have to think that as remote as the posibilty is if in case she would've won she has an advantage to the rest of the world, then the rest of the world would have to accept trasgenders and I don't see that happening tbh.

Biology + social construction = human being. :smile: We'll never settle nature nuture because we are both. The liminal is true.

I'm not going to argue about gender, but I've heard a few things on the radio here about this issue and I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned that the Miss Universe competition is owned by Donald Trump.

I have a feeling that Trump would not be too happy with a transgender competitor ever having a chance at making it to the actual Miss Universe competition. Who knows if he himself had heard about it, but I do bet that the organization that runs the Canadian competition got a bit of a talking to from the Miss Universe Organization.

Biology + social construction = human being. :smile: We'll never settle nature nuture because we are both. The liminal is true.

This is pretty true... hadn't really thought about it in that way. We can go in circles about this issue and we'll never solve it. I guess everyone just has to agree to disagree. And Blueorchid brought up another good point; I'm sure Trump wouldn't want someone like her to "ruin" his competition. :rolleyes:

Also, it looks like Jenna Talackova has been kicked out of the pageant. It remains to be seen how she will respond. It'll be interesting to see if she let's it go or if she take's it to the courts or something. It's a shame that this has happened and I do really wish her all the best in whatever she chooses to do.

Miss Universe Canada Abruptly Kicks Transgender Contestant Out of Pageant
When it was reported earlier in March that a transgender woman named Jenna Talackova would be a finalist in the Miss Universe Canada pageant, it seemed a fine, sunny day for the LGBT community, as Talackova's inclusion in the finals represented at least one step in the direction of wider social acceptance for transgendered people. Then some really bigoted beauty pageant purists clouded those sunny skies and pressured the Miss Universe powers-that-be to kick Talackova out of the contest.

On Friday, the pageant organization (Miss Universe, for anyone keeping score, is owned by Donald Trump) released a statement explaining Talackova's sudden exclusion: "She did not meet the requirements to compete despite having stated otherwise on her entry form." This, in so many words, means that, since she was born with a penis, her surgically crafted vagina can't compete with all the inherited vaginas parading around a Toronto stage. Her image was removed from the Miss Universe website and the pageant has said little else to justify her dismissal, despite mounting pressure from a transgender advocacy group that has recently criticized Miss Universe organizers for their sudden spinelessness.

Canadian press agency QMI reached out to Mara Keisling, the executive director of the Washington D.C.-based National Center for Transgender Equality, who said that Talackova identifies as and technically is a woman, so she should be allowed to compete.

It's straightforward. They made a decision that they want to discriminate against transgender women. More and more people understand this person is a woman. There's nothing about her that should disqualify her.

According to the Vancouver Sun, Talackova doesn't plan to release a statement until next week, most likely because she's still processing how arbitrarily awful and prejudiced the world can be from one minute to the next.
http://jezebel.com/5896258/miss-universe-canada-abruptly-kicks-transgender-contestant-out-of-pageant

Jenna's been invited back into the competition on the condition that she can meet the legal requirements.
Posted via Mobile Device

well, miss universe is all about looks... so I don't see why not!?

Thats why they should do it like the olympics. Genetic testing, you are either an XX or an XY no matter what you look like.

it's just a beauty contest... genetic testing is a bit too much no?

Well...I always thought that the genetic testing they do at the Olympics is rubbish. Not everyone fits into the XX or XY mold. Some people are XY-female or XX-male, meaning they have characteristics of both genders. So a genetic test, which is designed to put them into one category, is rather unfair. I would love it if she won the competition but I feel like a lot of people would be wicked mad if this happened. I mean, people are just angry over the fact that she's competing for Canada. However, if she won it would be such a slap in the face to all the haters.

You can't be an XX male since 2 Xs make you female and XY makes you male. Maybe you are talking about the people who are XXX, X, or XXY? Either way with those genetic abnormalities you are still consider male or female.

I guess people complain so much about gender that a genetic testing is the only way to shut them up. Remember that runner who won and people would't let it go until there was some testing done?

I just wonder is she lied about it and they found out or if they knew all along and when there was too much controversy they just drop her lie a hot potato.

^Yeah, sorry Mimo, should have clarified myself, I meant those who have genetic abnormalities.

Also, maybe that runner wasn't asked about her sexuality, and didn't feel like it was important to tell about people, until she won that race and people started questioning it. To be outed publicly like that is really awful. If she wanted to tell people it should have been on her own terms.

I really don't care about beauty contests but I feel its rather unfair to have let her go all the way to the end and than just be kicked out like that. They started with what seemed like praise and acceptance of the contestant and than changed their mind in a hot second. If it was a qualification that was that important that would have deem someone unfit to participate, I'm surprised they didn't catch it a long time ago.

^ Nature has allowed countless species of animals and plants to adapt over time into their environments and to develop special features that suits their environment. And although nature always prefers diversity over uniformity, it has never produced a third gender, nor has it ever allowed any species to develop the ability to choose its gender. And how do you know that nature is wrong and the person is right? Slaves to nature? There are millions of medical historians that will argue that we're actually slaves to medicine because we use to artificially live against nature.

I know it's a pessimist way to look at things, but you do make points I agree with. Nature has done great things for is planet. Made tiny organisms adapt to eventually become creatures with minds and thoughts. Will nature ever have us adapt to to choose our gender? Maybe. And if so, maybe we would stop procreating as much, and eventually all together. A way to stop our complete dominance of the planet. Maybe this is where we're headed, and how our rein as the dominant species ends. On the other hand, it must be so frustrating to be in what you consider to be the wrong body. As long as she was honest about being born male then whatever but I dont think that was the case. That's sketchy and probably knew rules were being broken or at least that there was a reason to lie. :innocent::unsure:

Isn't just fair to say she is a woman with limitations? (ex. giving birth, periods and hairy mustaches?)

The last one was a joke by the way...

A little out of topic, you have to remember that evolution is natural and not based in silicone. Mental evolution? Maybe

Well know that Miss Universe will allow a transgender female, will you guys allow short people? Being under 168cm does not make any people ugly by nature lol

A little out of topic, you have to remember that evolution is natural and not based in silicone. Mental evolution? Maybe

Well know that Miss Universe will allow a transgender female, will you guys allow short people? Being under 168cm does not make any people ugly by nature lol

Most MUO don't have height requirements but some like the Phillipines do. MUO isn't the fashion industry, in which beauty is often determine by your height.
Donald Trump said starting next year, Transgender females will be allowed to compete for Miss Universe.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jenna finished in 12th place and won Miss Congentiality.
Posted via Mobile Device

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HEROES
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->