Capes

Same. I wish I could wear a cape as confidently as him... It's always my goal.

It seems like every time I buy a vintage dress, it comes with a little matching cape, so I've accumulated tons.

hahah! one of my favorite cameos by larry david.

Theres this designer from India who is amazing! She is only on instagram for now but you can still start ordering from her, her instagram is SNESHA DESIGNS! my friend ordered a cape from her that is white with crystal embroidery <3

they are only gonna get more and more popular...

:innocent:

^^that's nice!
you should be wearing that!

:hardhead:...

4 months ago I started rocking a black Zara cape and my boyfriend said I looked ridiculous. Now it's all over the runway. And I adore my cape. The one I have is great for dressing up, but I have yet to see a flattering casual cape. I think a trench cape could be casual but you could end up looking like a mid-60's detective if you don't wear it quite right. It's a fine line we all walk.
-N

yay! for wearing capes!
:clap:

it's true---some capes feel like a costume and i'd feel really conspicuous and couldn't really feel comfortable in them...

but when you find the right one, i think you feel so comfortable that even if people do take a second look, you don't mind because you feel so good in it...

what i find the most challenging is cape + hat...
:lol:...

What's the consensus on capes for the Hommes? I ask because I saw this same cape in the mens section, modeled on a male, on some e-commerce site, and I thought "Wait, that's certainly not Junya's menswear...not by a longshot."

And the only time I can think of men in capes is when I think of comic-book heroes.

(src: lindelepalais.com)

Last edited by a moderator:
ok- first of all...
^^THAT is so freaking amazing i want to DIE!!!...
:hardhead:...:heart:...:sideways:...

second- i have seen men in capes look great...
though it's the same rule as for women...
you gotta have the right one and you gotta wear it the right way...
with confidence...

i watch a LOT of classic films and men wore loads of capes in the past...
i think they can be very elegant, or very silly...
just like on women...

:zorro:

I made myself a magenta-and-black checkered wool cape with arm holes (slits) and patch pockets, but I hardly ever wear it. I want to add a button closure at the neckline instead of the original toggle I had bought, but I just haven't gotten around to doing it...

Saint Laurent and Givenchy have come out with leather capes.

Saint Laurent:
JYuoFr9.jpg

(net-a-porter)

Givenchy:
kgvAmUw.jpg

(net-a-porter)

i d k ...
leather capes have a tendency to remind me of a certain era ...

tho i guess the YSL one refers to Belle de Jour ... and this Givenchy uglyness is just another take on motorcycle jkt

second- i have seen men in capes look great...
though it's the same rule as for women...
you gotta have the right one and you gotta wear it the right way...
with confidence...

i cannot wait to wear my cape w my cowboy boots ... !
im sure its gonna give me all the confidence needed !

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->