Carhartt

Discussion in 'Trend Spotting' started by seiscema, Apr 9, 2004.

View Users: View Users
  1. seiscema

seiscema New Member

http://www.carhartt.de

i see a trend here :p

very famous in italy among young people... don't know in the rest of the world.

check it out ^___^

2. purplelucrezia

purplelucrezia New Member

I've just been to the site, and I'm not quite sure what it is about. Is it some sort of artistic community? :unsure:

3. wyatt.

wyatt. New Member

i've seen this brand around but i always associated with organic hikers etc well that sterotype at least not a hip slightly surf approach.

they must've reinvented the company

4. tott

tott slightly dizzy

Carhartt has been one of the "it" brands for years and years in some circles. At least in some parts of Europe.

It is not for me though.

5. tangerine

tangerine Soviet Camaro

Carhartt is favored by indie rockers, punk/hippie hybrids and some manual laborers in these parts. Not as big now as it was 3-4 years ago.

6. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

they have made sturdy 'work clothes' for years...think ups uniform and coveralls etc...heavy duty dickies...the site does look like they're trying to re'invent themselves...i like it...but it seems a few years too late... :unsure:

7. HBoogie

HBoogie Procrastinator.

As softgrey mentioned, Carhartt in the States is a workwear brand sold in Sears and popular with manual laborers, hunters, etc. But in Europe it's streetwear aimed at young adults. I remember being very surprised a few years back to see a Carhartt store right smack in the middle of London, teens going in and out of it. I don't think they're going to introduce the kind of stuff they sell in Europe over in the US--a move like that would probably confuse people.

8. sbbbjm

sbbbjm New Member

yup, another case of american brand being totally cooler in europe.

if i wore carhartt here, i would be mistaken for one of the hillbilly's in the FFA. although i have some of their carpenter pants that i took the label off of and they look ok. i like them because they are real workwear so the fabric is really thick and drapes nicely. i wear them to mess around in and once used them to paint in so they look all cool and customized.

carhartt
    levi's
    wrangler
    lee

they all have european lines that are so much cooler!

9. rayncloudx

rayncloudx New Member

:innocent: i hate being american sometimes...

10. StellaStarr

StellaStarr New Member

:innocent: i hate being american sometimes... [/b][/quote]
    me 2 i hope to travel lots when im out of high school

11. Sephora_Socialite

Sephora_Socialite Fierce Flava

:innocent: i hate being american sometimes... [/b][/quote]
    :eek: ....pounds you on the head :eek:rder:

:buzz: :lol: ...

Well, sometimes it can be a drag, but I love vintage stores and never really found anyplace better than Ny and La...except maybe London is the exception in Europe...

:shock: ...... :unsure: .....another American downside- No Mathew Williamson.Only in London... :( Or kooler things like stores like Envy over in London....Or kool hangouts like Suede...or sitting by the Eiffel Tower....(we don;t havfe anything historical and beautiful like that in the US..not really any that stand out)

Dammit I wannna be a Brit..!!! :angry:

Maybe I should go to school in the UK :innocent:

12. model_mom

model_mom New Member

Ali has 3 Carhartt jackets that she loves dearly. A lot of the kids that rodeo wear them. She doesn't take them to NY with her (not that she doesn't try) because she knows she wouldn't be able to wear them on castings. He favorite one is camoflage.

13. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

:eek: ....pounds you on the head :eek:rder:

:buzz: :lol: ...

Well, sometimes it can be a drag, but I love vintage stores and never really found anyplace better than Ny and La...except maybe London is the exception in Europe...

:shock: ...... :unsure: .....another American downside- No Mathew Williamson.Only in London... :( Or kooler things like stores like Envy over in London....Or kool hangouts like Suede...or sitting by the Eiffel Tower....(we don;t havfe anything historical and beautiful like that in the US..not really any that stand out)

Dammit I wannna be a Brit..!!! :angry:

Maybe I should go to school in the UK :innocent: [/b][/quote]
    :ermm: even if you were a brit...you still wouldn't have the eiffel tower... ;)

:p

14. pointup

pointup living in the sprawl

my dad wears carhart everyday.. to work

they make heavy duty workwear that is very durable and no he isn't a hillbilly.. watch the gross generalizations ;) i should tell him he's quite stylish in some parts of the world.

i wish they were that "chic" over here in the states i would love the basic tshirts if they are as good of quality as the brand's stuff is here.

15. raijin

raijin New Member

Personally i think carhartt is a mediocre brand, not something i would really wear.
    Its very normal 'street' clothing, and most of thier designs are nothing special. if i wear 'street' labels i prefer to go with companies that have really unique designs and high quality materials/construction such as community or victim.
    Thats just my opinion however.

16. Street_a_Licious

Street_a_Licious Active Member

Me likes Carhartt :D Me lives in europe :D Still wanna live in the states :(

17. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

I always thought Cahartt was just a cheap but well advertised cash-in on the homogeny of youth and their universal love of anti-fashion Americana and then dads started wearing it too.

18. As You Like It

As You Like It Proponent of Plaid

When I hear "Carhartt" I think of brown duck overalls and big camo hunting jackets.

My dad, my B.I.L., and about half the inspectors at my work wear Carhartt coveralls in the wintertime.

19. fullfrontal

fullfrontal Member

I was surprised to see a thread on Carhartt here. In the real urban NY in the early/mid 90s, Carhartt carpenter jeans as well as the hooded jackets were the official uniform of teenagers of Queens, NY (where I grew up).

20. xclusive

xclusive New Member

somehow that style makes me think of Avril..I hope it won't be too big in America