Carine Roitfeld

Front row at Versace RTW
_AG19668.jpg

Style.com

For such an impressive dresser I wish that she would do a little more grooming. There's a bit of a disconnection between her clothing and her beauty game, every time I see her photographs I'm distracted by her eyebrows!

Why is her thread so dead? Was she just not at as many shows because of her back issues?

^^I noticed that, too. Emmanuel Alt, Geraldine Saglio, Kate Lanphear, Marie-Amelie Sauve, and Shala Monroque's respective threads haven't been updated in months, and their threads were always updated on a fairly regular basis, so I'm wondering if people are simply moving on from the whole street-style scene.

Last edited by a moderator:
ˆmaybe she's considered to be not so interesting anymore. I feel that way, and it's not because of her not being at Vogue. She just lost her style and tasteful edge a long time ago. Now I just settle for looking at her very old work and looks that had something to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
What went wrong with her style? She used to be so chic and had a good sense of what suited her.

NpHKECf.jpg

Q7FWSmO.jpg

paC2dWk.jpg

zimbio.com

^OMG at that first look. :o Her style is a reflection of his recent work. A total and uninspired disaster.

Oh God, the bulletproof vest. :lol: It's too much, who is this by? I've never been a hardcore fan of her style, but liked some looks. Sadly none of these interest me.

^ She has to wear a backbrace, for health reasons, why not make it look good?

Giorgio Armani 40th Anniversary - Silos Opening And Cocktail Reception - Arrivals

15s51dl.jpg

buro247.com
30j5k41.jpg

zimbio.com

Designer Tom Ford and Carine Roitfeld attend amfAR's 22nd Cinema Against AIDS Gala, Presented By Bold Films And Harry Winston at Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc on May 21, 2015 in Cap d'Antibes, France. (May 21, 2015 - Source: Ian Gavan/Getty Images Europe)
Tom+Ford+amfAR+22nd+Cinema+Against+AIDS+Gala+zP5rc03NWGWl.jpg
Tom+Ford+amfAR+22nd+Cinema+Against+AIDS+Gala+MU-RKK8AT2ll.jpg

I love Carine but that last Saint Laurent dress is very bad. Last year, she looked perfect and fresh...
This is unflattering, tired and sad.
She should have worn Alaia or Tom Ford, she always looks in their creations.

I'm a bit tired of her wearing black...in Givenchy or Saint Laurent.

I read an interview with Tilda Swinton where she says in the upcoming movie Trainwreck, her character is supposed to look like she tries to emulate Roitfeld but fails :lol:

dailymail

^Yes, I was thinking exactly the same when I saw the pics, strange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheetz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"