Anna Wintour

Discussion in 'The Fashion Pack' started by MartiniKiss, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Anna Wintour — M2M

Love what's she's wearing, except that wretched necklace.
    Her sunglasses really is her armour. Lol.

Anna is normally very tigh-lipped and discreet unless she's subtle dragging someone. I think once she's no longer at Vogue we'll hear loads more candid bits. And yes, I agree with her re the Rei exhibit.

dodencebt likes this.
  2. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

^ That was a wonderful conversation. I love that Grace mentioned a few of the more controversial MET exhibitions and that Anna was candid about having concerns or downright not liking them.

3. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Circa 1980s by Bill Cunningham

[​IMG]

Vogue Australia Digital Edition

Not Plain Jane and dodencebt like this.
  4. Not Plain Jane

Not Plain Jane Well-Known Member

Interesting that she "hides" her face a bit there, too, just not with sunglasses. :)

Benn98 likes this.
  5. kasper!

kasper! Well-Known Member

Does Anna still wear Marni? I found this old candid by accident and this dress was very lovely! (from style.com 12 years ago)

Mario Testino's At Home Exhibition Opening at Yvon Lambert 拷贝.jpg

6. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

7. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

Very much. She is the one who helped Francesco Risso get appointed as creative director of Marni. She's also wearing custom Marni inspired by the Fall 2019 collection in the interview that Benn posted above!

kasper! likes this.
  8. kasper!

kasper! Well-Known Member

Thanks! Well let's see if there's a feature in Vogue US about Plan C in the future..or already there's one? Sorry I don't read Vogue US very often...

9. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Don't ask me why they've decided on the obnoxious intro music, but it's an insightful interview. There's very often a lot of fawning over Anna with her interviews, but I must say Tina Brown is her equal in more ways than one and she's definitely a very astute interviewer. And she acts it. It is actually Anna who comes across as tense and trying too hard to crack jokes in this interview. And she often dodged questions which she clearly found uncomfortable, which Tina clearly noticed it each time. Like the one about her mother. Whatever she answered was not what Tina asked her. She even ends the response with a comic piece about her father which didn't go over a hoot. I mean, she probably identifies more with her father than her mother and that's fine.

mepps likes this.
  10. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

^ I always thought Tina was her better, in so many ways, and this is another proof of that. Brown is just in a league of her own, the things she did at VF.etc i mean...she always got "it" (her VF Diaries book is such a great read!!). Thanks for posting this video.

Benn98 and mepps like this.
  11. mepps

mepps Active Member

I'm super curious, about her relationship with her mother. There seems to be some trauma there.

12. mepps

mepps Active Member

FACT.

13. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Certainly one of my favourite EIC memoirs!! I've posted my two cents here about Tina's book here by mistake:

Books About Fashion & Designers - Recommendations ?

What I've noticed about all Anna's interviews is that it follows a very precise trajectory. Her father, how odd it is that she works in fashion when her siblings do more 'serious' jobs, if you're really lucky she'll throw in something about her time at British Vogue, US Vogue and politics, MET gala. Even the interview with Grace a few posts back is vaguely tame.

14. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

I wonder if her never mentioning her mother has to do with her siblings doing more serious jobs. We know her father was supportive but never any mention of her mother being supportive...