Caring for Damaged Hair (Colored, Bleached, Frizzy, Heat Styled)

i also think that people need to use a lot more conditioner than what is indicated on the package. i use twice as much conditioner as shampoo (i have long hair and i try to coat 3/4 of every strand. i dont bother conditioning near the scalp.

i take baths instead of showers so its easier to let the conditioner sink in as compared to in the shower.

i go through a lot of conditioner, but most of the conditioner i use is cheap (ie garnier, aussie etc) so it doesnt really matter.

dumbfairy, in what order is the argan oil ingredient listed on the back of the package. if its listed third or fourth in the list then it may only be a small amount in there.

lucy92;10794667[B said:
]i also think that people need to use a lot more conditioner than what is indicated on the package.[/B] i use twice as much conditioner as shampoo (i have long hair and i try to coat 3/4 of every strand. i dont bother conditioning near the scalp.

i agree.
i use a lot of confitioner and don´t put it near the scalp so it does not flatten my hair.
and 2-3 times a week i put conditioner and leave it for 30min.
i have seen that it helps a lot.

grrr i hate hate hate damaged hair.

I bought the Tangle Teezer recently and I quite like it. I don't do much to my hair so the most damage comes from brushing. I think with this brush I'll eliminate some of the breakage.

I use paprika powder as a natural hair tint. My friend laughed when I told her...

^I have heard a lot about the tangle teaser but have no idea what it is...is it a brush?

Lucy,the argan oil is 3rd on the list of ingredients. But I paid £3.99 for the product so it's higher up the list than I expected! That,combined with leave in conditioner and a quick drying hair turban thingy,is having a good effect on my hair. It still isn't perfect,but I think with some more TLC it'll get there.

^Yes it's a brush designed for getting rid of tangles and knots. I've heard about it for a long time as well but stayed away from it simply because it's kind of ugly, hehe. It looks like it's hard to get a good grip since there is no handle but I didn't have a problem with that...

I have a habit of leaning over the bathroom sink while brushing my hair so I normally see hairs breaking and falling on the sink. I see less with this brush and there is not much hair in the brush itself after brushing. It's so easy to clean as well, very hygienic.

Has anyone here tried using Vodka as conditioner? I've heard about it being good but I've yet to meet someone who has tried it..

^Yeah I thought so too at first since beer seems to have that effect but apparently it doesn't :blink:

i found one on my website but tried ot find one for US. I suppose I will be having a shot for me and my hair tonight i try everyhing very interesting!

I thought I had shiny hair down to a science until now. From lemon juice to avocado conditioners, I long ago crowned myself a queen of DIY hair, but apparently, I was missing something huge all of this time. I recently decided to approach the non-shininess of my winter hair in a different way and I can't believe the results I got...without having to buy anything!
Any time you can handle your beauty regime without chemicals or store-bought product, you're doing yourself and the environment a favor. Further your green beauty by trying this sure-way-to-shine formula:
1. Add a shot glass worth of vodka to your deep conditioner (if you don't have a deep conditioner on hand, try mayonnaise, eggs, avocado, or honey.)
2. Stir in a few drops of your favorite essential oil.
3. Spread through hair and rinse after 20 minutes.
The alcohol lowers the pH level of your hair, which helps the cuticles to close. Meanwhile, the oil will instantly boost the shine of your hair.

tlc.howstuffworks.com

Last edited by a moderator:
^Ooh thanks for that. Sounds easy. So how much conditioner is one shot supposed to go with?

Has anyone here tried using Vodka as conditioner? I've heard about it being good but I've yet to meet someone who has tried it..

I'd be too scared to try this. One shot for my hair,two for me :lol:

not sure if it's been mentioned here before, but i've seen people (on youtube) rave about these products (especially the mask).

I had my hair cut aout 5 weeks ago,and had it trimmed on Friday...I STILL have split ends and my hair is generally dry :( I'm starting to lose hope of ever getting it back to a decent condition.

^ I would suggest not brushing or combing your hair (or if you have to, use a wide toothed comb).

Hand comb your hair when its wet to detangle but do not brush it.

Also, apply a good oil whether it be argan or macademia to the ends of your hair when its damp. Don't buy the drugstore hair oils (waste of your money - filled with useless chemicals).

And use an intensive leave-in conditioner (my favourite is from Ojon) a few times a week.

If you're already doing some of these things then it could be that you need to get your hair cut above where you have split ends - I know probably not what you want to hear.

you also may want to skip the home hair dye. going to the salon may be more expensive but it also lasts longer and can give you peace of mind.

I had my hair cut aout 5 weeks ago,and had it trimmed on Friday...I STILL have split ends and my hair is generally dry :( I'm starting to lose hope of ever getting it back to a decent condition.

I've taken vitamin B complex on different occasions and each time it made my hair grow faster (not really faster but not breaking as much I guess) .
Once vitamin B even made it grow despite the fact that I had thyroid problems that was the real cause of my brittle hair. For me obviously the solution is taking hormones to fix the thyroid thing but if you are healthy I think vitamin B could boost your hair anyway.

John Masters has a product called Deep Scalp Follicle Treatment & Volumizer for Thinning Hair. I've read lots of good reviews on this. It has 4.6 of 5 on Makeupalley:

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/...zer-for-Thinning-Hair/John-Masters/Treatments

I'm thinking of buying this. Has anyone tried it?

you also may want to look into viviscal. its a vitamin for hair. karlie kloss uses it. its sold at most pharmacies here.

Thank you for your wonderful advice you beauties. I had a lot taken off of it,well above the split ends,in a hope that would help and I could maintain healthy hair from there,but alas.

I think the crux of my problem could possibly be scalp psoriasis. I have had it for many years and have used a cream on it for about 4 years. It's on the base of my scalp,and I have to wash it out with all manners of shampoo and ointments. My Dr seems to think there is nothing else for me to try,but the cream/shampoo can't help my hair?

I

Hmm... I've read about a woman that had problems with her hair/scalp and they looked at her scalp with some kind of magnifier and she actually had too much products on her scalp that clogged the hair follicles so that the hair couldn't grow as it should...

I hope your hair gets better because I know from the thyroid experience that it's not a good feeling not knowing why or if it's ever going to get normal again...

Anyone use Kérastase's Nutri-Thermique range? What's the verdict over these products?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->