Carl Barât

i really like run with the boys and love the video, but i haven't stopped to listen to the whole album yet...the other songs i listened didn't exite me very much though.

i have no idea what he's saying (as usual) besides "death on the stairs", and that's because i know the song, but maybe native speakers of barâtland will be able to enjoy the interview.

Band crush - musicians recommend new acts (nme)

Carl Barat: "The Langley Sisters started as a 1940’s thing, but they’ve now branched out. They do this amazing cover of ‘No One Knows’, but their own song writing is some of the best I’ve ever heard." (NME, 17th July issue).

Libertines and Arctic Monkeys supergroup releasing album
The Bottletop Band will release a charity album in April

Carl Barat, Arctic Monkeys drummer Matt Helders, Babyshambles bassist Drew McConnell and Super Furry Animals' Gruff Rhys have recorded a new charity album.

Recording under the name The Bottletop Band, other musicians involved include Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly, VV Brown, Sam Sparro, Fink, Reverend And The Makers, Eliza Doolittle and Tim Burgess.

A single, 'Fall Of Rome', will be available to download from Thebottletopband.com tomorow (December 10). The album, 'Dream Service', will be released on April 11 next year.

It is a collaboration between Brazilian musicians and the British players, with all the profits going to education and employment projects in Brazil, Africa and the UK.

Watch footage of the band recording 'Fall Of Rome' in the studio by clicking below.

nme.com

Did you know that he has a son now? I saw a pic, it's the most adorable thing ever :cry::heart:

Carl Barat Confirms Girlfriend Edie Langley Pregnancy

The Libertines rocker Carl Barat is set for a very special Christmas - he will become a first-time father in December (10).
The British star, who is preparing to release his debut solo album in October (10), has confirmed rumors he and his girlfriend Edie Langley are preparing to welcome a baby boy
He tells Reuters, "(My priorities are) my album, my tour and my baby.
"I am very happy, nervous and excited. It's time for a change. It's time to move on.
postchronicle.com
I posted this one page back^^

Shockwaves NME Awards 2011

carlbaratpa230211.jpg

carlbaratnmeawardspa230.jpg

nme.com

2686396nme02carlbarat.jpg

gigwise.com

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread's been so quiet lately.

Here are some pics of the Libertines film Premiere. Too bad Pete didn't show up.

-----------
nme.com

This sounds quite different from what we expect from Carl, but I loved it :heart:
‘This Is The Song’
Take a gander at this new gift from the Libertines man. It’s taken from his forthcoming EP ‘Death Fires Burn At Night’ (out May 2nd), which features new music and live recordings. This includes an unreleased Libs track ‘Grimaldi’, a new recording of ‘Death Fires Burn at Night’, a cover version of ‘Sing For My Supper’ (Langly Sisters) and ‘This Is The Song’ (which was previously unavailable in the UK). Only he can make singing about getting his “****ing head kicked in” sound so graceful.

http://soundcloud.com/anoraklondon/carl-bar-t-this-is-the-song
nme.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tamarcubillas
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->