Carmen Electra, Dave Navarro Split

VainJane said:
Sidenote: Am I the only one who notices that 'divorce' seems to be the new Hollywood fad? Not trying to rag on them during this unfortunate time, but....you gotta wonder if a lot of these Hollywood couples saw the rise in stock of celebs like Denise Richards, Jessica Simpson, etc. and gave up on the marriage a little too easily.......:innocent:

They don't live like we do. They don't have timeclocks and dull tasks and mortgages: they're rich. They have idle hands, idle time, idle thoughts: they get paid to let cameras into their homes so we can see how fabulously idle they are. Yet, they've really got to scramble and do work hard at this nothingness, name-recognition, and pointless, artless projects that the entertainment complex pours millions into. We ogle Carmen, we buy a Red Hot Chili Peppers CD, we go get drunk at their show. We buy the crap that's in the commercials between the TV show about their fabulous idle life. They survive drug addicition & divorce, write a book, make a comeback tour; if we do the same, we go to prison, lose our houses, spouses, and the respect of our children. They let us out, we work at Walmart. We buy the new Chili Peppers CD. We identify with their passion and pain. It's okay, really. We all end up in the same place, eventually. I'd rather end up there with someone who's spent a lifetime by my side, but I don't live in thrills n' chills Hollywood.

Endless mutual pity and envy! Commerce! Salvation!

I read this story this morning. It's a shame... they really seemed like two peas in a pod.

What's funny is that no matter who the Hollywood couple... splits are unfortunate.

I can't believe he would rather have that girl than Carmen.
I hate they split, I really liked them together.

Golden_butterfly said:
Can't say I'm surprised.
And what carrier is it that's she's so busy with?

well she did have a serious gig with the hit show "dance fever" for a little while :lol:

i really liked them together, and their show was really entertaining. this is sad.

mellowdrama said:
Endless mutual pity and envy! Commerce! Salvation!

:lol: Interesting analysis...you have gone far beyond Carmen and Dave and into a "social issues" rampage!

i really liked together as well.
i thought they would be the couple that made it. then again, all my predictions turn out wrong.

does anyone know if this is the real story? that they ended their marriage because of time spent apart?

kellyt said:
:lol: Interesting analysis...you have gone far beyond Carmen and Dave and into a "social issues" rampage!
There is a little Michael Medved in me trying to get out. Really, people look up to the blazing stardom of Carmen Electra and Dave Navarro for clues to what living the Good Life is all about. Most of us are decent, just look at this thread, and we're truly sad that it hasn't worked out for their marriage. We take sides. We choose teams. We care. Meanwhile, they're likely looking at their prenup and divvying up really fabulous property. Hell, they're still friends! It works for them, I don't knock it.

Unlike someone such as Medved, I think it's okay for Hollywood to be Hollywood--but I wish the divorcees would offer no apologies or explanations, other than, "found something richer & tighter that wants to have my babies! We're still friends! I'll always love ya, baby!" They're both trading up somehow, I'm sure. Why should they have to explain it to us? Why should I care? Why the need to judge and take sides? Carmen won't have to go on foodstamps or anything.

So, to hold our interest---inject a little juice into it, like Hilary and Chad and his mysterious "substance abuse"--oh, and they both have films coming out, by the way. Come feel your emotions and escape your dull lives down at the Cineplex for "Beautiful Ohio"*. Jay-sus Kee-ryst, y'know? Entertain me!

You know out here in the real world with two-earner marriages with a litter of kids and mortgages and boring jobs and terrifically small-minded towns, divorces due to the richer and tighter tend not to be so amicable. We usually do not to have the option of "You can have the beachhouse in Malibu, and I'll stay at the Chateau Marmont until post-production starts." Oh, I'm sure they're feeling things, bad things, these Hollywood divorce types, but they feel things all the time, on cue, and are well-paid for it. Why have hard feelings? You'll both need to still work in this town, after all.

Who wouldn't want to live from fabulous sensation to fabulous sensation until they dropped dead, thoroughly entertained? That's some hard playtime, there, in Lalaland. I wish them all the best.
*synopsis: The story revolves around an American family grappling with the chaotic social changes of 1973.--killermovies.com

i thought that they were just married when i watched their series on MTV.

No! I loved them together. :( I guess she can go back to being a wh*re again.

style_savy said:
Men are such pigs finding someone new as soon as the others barely disposed of. you never see women acting that way. Anyways it was only a matter of time before this annoucement was made they hadn't been seen together in quite some time.
thats such a generalisation, i know plenty of women who are pigs as well...think denise richards types. :smile:

Dave and Carmens reality show was on today and after that came Newly weds with Jessica and Nick.
Shame really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->