Carol Christian Poell #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard that he is not doing a collection next season??? Is that true?????:o

Ionn, who did you hear this from?

I will ask the people at Lift Etage if they know in March.

Last edited by a moderator:
He is not simply being creative with the treatments, they do not exist before he pioneers them.

Such as the "object-dying" process invented completely by himself.

I do agree that it is a new standard of luxury, though maybe not in the conventional sense because these treatments give the garment an air of appearance of being "worn".

When I think of his clothes the word " Industrial" comes to mind.
With the rusted metals, worn, weathered, and dirtied leathers, the color scheme and the heavy duty stitching.

A belt from the A/W "Safe" collection:

546x409-2005012200101.jpg

His belts are suprisingly affordable.
More along the 200-250 line.

Raijin, responding to your statement, but this thing won't allow me to quote..

The craftmanship, the quality, the treatments, the originality, the talent, the materials used, these are the things that make it a luxury. Maybe it does not have an oppulent look, but there is still oppulence in what it is.

The belt is quite nice, I like the boldness. If matched correctly, it can really look wonderful.

raijin said:
Such as the "object-dying" process invented completely by himself.

not sure what you mean raijin...can you explain further?...because i have friends who have been dying objects for years...what did he 'invent' exactly?...

Softgrey I can't explain very well,

Its just a name that refers to an experimental technique of dying he has developed.
He calls it "Object Dyed" - not really referring to "dying objects".
He may mean a different definition of the word "object".

When he dyes leathers with this process it provides a look unique to his products that I have never seen replicated elsewhere.

Now that I think of it, his reason for taking a season off may be the industrial espionage of his research that happened right before the "Safe" collection - This would make a lot of sense.

I will make a high resolution pack of scans of the s/s 05 look book available soon so you can see the details of the clothing.

raijin said:
Now that I think of it, his reason for taking a season off may be the industrial espionage of his research that happened right before the "Safe" collection - This would make a lot of sense.

what happened exactly?

Someone broke into his lab and stole 6 months worth of his research into new fabrics and dying methods, however they didn't bother with the money lying around.

raijin said:
Someone broke into his lab and stole 6 months worth of his research into new fabrics and dying methods, however they didn't bother with the money lying around.
Well, at least if this stuff pops up in someone's collection, we'll know who's behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->