Carol Christian Poell - Designer

thejarc, online stores that carries his work will slowly come to surface, as i learn, they sporadically ships :

Rail_carol_christian_poell.jpg

http://www.railso.com/
http://www.pnp-firenze.com/

of course, it will become a very fiscal situation for the stores, especially those online-reliant.

Last edited by a moderator:
thejarc, online stores that carries his work will slowly come to surface, as i learn, they sporadically ships :

http://www.railso.com/
http://www.pnp-firenze.com/

of course, it will become a very fiscal situation for the stores, especially those online-reliant.

that's a great image...

btw- did we ever make the new thread?
:unsure:...

do you guys still need help doing that?
i'm not sure i understand what you want...
fenrost- why don't you start it and post a link here...
then i will try to figure out how to move whatever images are necessary...

:flower:

EDIT - i think figured it out and started the new thread...:woot:
it's here...
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f60/carol-christian-poell-2011-milan-131267.html#post8915691

new thread started...

runner...
or fenrost...
please let me know if the thread title is ok...

ok...
i've changed everything back since i didn't get it right...
:lol:...

please let me know how you'd like to proceed...
i think it is fine to leave the images here and to start a new thread with the same images in whatever format you think is best...
if you show me where the images are, i can help move them over if you like...

:flower:...

sorry for any confusion from my efforts...
i sort of thought i had done it wrong...but i just wanted to get it going...
:P

I don't think this was posted. It's a bit vague but definitely relevant to this thread:
CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL IN ROME
1383.jpeg

The elusive designer creates an exclusive and dedicated show space
To be able to have the exclusive pictures of his new collection is a very rare thing, even simply to understand if there is a new collection out is also really difficult for experienced insiders. But one thing is for sure, not the usual mystery over the figure of Carol Christian Poell; rather the ongoing collaboration between CCP and MOTELSALIERI that has resulted in a space dedicated to the work of the Austrian designer, right in the heart of Rome. For the first time in one place, much of the annual collection and a set of items and objects exclusively created for the store reside. The most radical collectors are shuddering at the thought of not having to search out for the desired jacket or the untraceable boots.

satellitevoices.com/rome

thanks softgrey!
and thank you for that link, mistress_f!

here's one montage and glimpse of his past collections

thanks for the video fenrost...
and you are most welcome...even if i didn't really do anything...
:P...

he also presented a black object dyed (or was it object tanned?) horse in the showroom of 2010 collection.

it is available to be ordered, in fact.

the horse was re-exhibited again, called "squartter", in conjunction with milan design week...

here are some pic of that horse....

carol would probably

perturbation-theory7.gif

how about this with the humour or desire in the shape of a childlike heart included

pavlopoulos.wordpress.com

Attachments

• phases-of-the-night.jpg
    phases-of-the-night.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 39
thanks softgrey and mistress f and fenrost for all those posts

so softgrey is it possible to insert a couple of posts for attachment images between the existing posts in the carol christian poell 2010 thread ?

Attachments

• self-portrait in a convex mirror.jpg
    self-portrait in a convex mirror.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 27
thanks softgrey and mistress f and fenrost for all those posts

so softgrey is it possible to insert a couple of posts for attachment images between the existing posts in the carol christian poell 2010 thread ?
sorry, no...
we cannot insert new posts...
only add info to existing posts...
would that work somehow?

thanks softgrey
I thought that order-wise it would be best for the original images to be posted in post #3 and a couple of posts right after the #3
because there are 22 more to post in attachment format.
one post that contains 24 attachments is impossible isn't it ?
but if possible I'd like the post #3 to have all of them.

that's true runner...
it takes too long to load that many images in one post and the settings would not allow that many attachments...
usually it is 6 images per post according to the designers and collections forum guidelines...
so...

i am not sure how to make it work, honestly...
i think i would have to insert them in a few posts, basically...
:ermm:

it can look a bit like his industrial funny take on the record-sized selfportrait by francesco mazzola aka parmigianino
where the rippling amorphous hand occupies most of the lower half in the painting whose space is slowly starting to turn.

that's really cool! i can sort of see the juxtaposition

also it does remind me of his cardboard cut out, like his presence in the room without present.. (not sure otherwise if he is)

softgrey I see, so I can select 4 ( or 6 preferably, if you think it's okay ) more images to post in #3 of the carol christian poell 2010 thread,
then could you please insert them there ?
and if there is anyone who needs to see the rest of the set in original quality, let's post it in new posts.
what do you think ?

fenrost, I think the convex mirror is just an excuse for the alchemist painter's desire to distort rationality because in reality it doesn't reflect things that way. it's madness masked with canons. there is a discord between the real world and himself ( or his own internal world ).
in everything carol does I see a certain chirography of those manneristic schizoids.

image from S/S 08 "off scene"
courtesy giacomozanardelli.com

Attachments

• ss08os.JPG
    ss08os.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 56
hi runner-
yes, i think that we could add 6 more images without any bad effect...
maybe the best thing is for you to post them here and I can then insert them into post #3 ...
(i may have to get the help of another mod, but i will figure it out!...)

sounds like it would be good to post any additional images in new posts...
i agree...

fenrost, I think the convex mirror is just an excuse for the alchemist painter's desire to distort rationality because in reality it doesn't reflect things that way. it's madness masked with canons. there is a discord between the real world and himself ( or his own internal world ).

I'm no expert on Parmigianino, but I think it was more like a "publicity stunt" painting to attract attention for further contracts.

image from S/S 08 "off scene"
courtesy giacomozanardelli.com

That's a good one! Like the exaggeration of the Giacometti portrait by Cartier-Bresson. The artist has vanished and even his art is too vivid to be clearly visible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anna Nilufer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->