Cartier At Costco?

sandra

Reaction score
I'm watching Oprah right now where they are doing a show on Costco and Target. She said in the beginning of the show that eveyone in her office and in the "outside" world talk about Costco and Target like they are shrines of bargain shopping. She had never been to Costco, so she went with the camera crew. Well it was quite entertaining and I'm kinda getting hungry (LOL) but they showed the variety of things you could get there and they showed Cartier watches!!!!! They also showed quick shots of Burberry items, Donna Karan sweat suits and cashmere tops for $50!. I don't have a Costco near me but I do have a BJ's and they don't have those kind of designer items. My question, are the items legit? Why would a legit outfit like Costco (who buys in bulk) sell counterfeight goods? They are now doing a sement on Target with Isaac Mizrahi. I'd really like to know if those Cartier Panthere watches are real and how much cheaper they are than the original store or resale shop!

I LOOOOVE TARGET!!!!BTW but mostly for household items.

Costco is so huge over here, I highly doubt they would ever sell counterfeit stuff. But believe me, I went there a few times in my life and their cloths is just :yuk: , you're way better off going there shopping for food...

Though, I don't know if their watches are cheaper than at other stores..... :wacko:

Problem with Costco is that it is so unappealing to people like me..... They could sell Chanel at Costco and I still wouldn't feel like going there..... I don't like to shop for clothing when there's the alley of fresh chicken legs and beef right behing my back... Maybe it's just me, but I don't like shopping in such an atmosphere.... B)

another chain similar to Costco is BJ's and they sell alot of nice cheap jewelry, I've seen cartier, movado, gucci, etc.

It was pretty recently that Oprah discovered the whole BJs, Costco, Sams Club thing. I remember she did a show and was unable to contain her excitement at the bargains.

They carry Prada and Fendi bags at my local BJs.

Well I checked out Costco's women's Cartier Tank Francaise watch (the only one
they have) and here it is:

http://costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prod...erPath=108*180*

No my type of watch but I'm still curious as to the amount of discount it is off the regular price. I still think you can find better deals for authentic Cartier at resale shops or shops that sell old estate jewelry.

Originally posted by sandra@Jul 29 2004, 03:17 PM
I'm watching Oprah right now where they are doing a show on Costco and Target. She said in the beginning of the show that eveyone in her office and in the "outside" world talk about Costco and Target like they are shrines of bargain shopping. She had never been to Costco, so she went with the camera crew. Well it was quite entertaining and I'm kinda getting hungry (LOL) but they showed the variety of things you could get there and they showed Cartier watches!!!!! They also showed quick shots of Burberry items, Donna Karan sweat suits and cashmere tops for $50!. I don't have a Costco near me but I do have a BJ's and they don't have those kind of designer items. My question, are the items legit? Why would a legit outfit like Costco (who buys in bulk) sell counterfeight goods? They are now doing a sement on Target with Isaac Mizrahi. I'd really like to know if those Cartier Panthere watches are real and how much cheaper they are than the original store or resale shop!

I LOOOOVE TARGET!!!!BTW but mostly for household items.
[snapback]317996[/snapback]​

They are legit. Costco has deals with these companies, most likely.

My Costcos have Coach, Prada, Cartier, etc, etc. I love the store. :smile:

My Costco doesn't carry that kind of high end stuff (prada etc.) but does carry high end jewelry. However we bought my mum a Gucci watch there and something broke on it and she took it to Birks and they couldn't fix it so they sent to Gucci and only there did they say it was a fake. There was a big conterfeit thing happening at that time so Costco didn't know and not only refunded my mother's money but also gave her a gift certificate for there.

My Costco has so much stuff. Did you ever see that epi of Look for Less? They did a whole thing on it, with Tommy Hilfiger and some other brand name stuff. I know mine has TONS of surf brands, surf equiptment, furniture, electronics, jewlery (some amazing diamonds too)
and just in general lots of interesting things.

Costco is great for buying mid-level alcohol in bulk. That and gas is pretty much what I use it for while in college. Their electornic deals can be pretty decent, and the food is definetley low price and good quality - I just don't have space in my fridge for 10lbs of Grade-A beef. Oooh, but the Sushi is most definetley money - cheap and tasty. Best part about buying anything at costco though - 100% money back guarantee. Some examples of my abuses to this policy:
- Got cash back a 2 year old printer with nothing but the original UPC and reciept.
- Brought back a broken vaccum that had its belt tear after a year of use. Cash back.
- Gave them a watch with a scratch on the face because I fell on it. Got cash back.
You can't argue with a policy like that.
Clothes-wise? They never had anything I actually fancied, did buy some boxers and socks there though. Hmm... I wonder if instead of doing laundry I could just bring them back for cash...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->