Catwalk Kidders

model_mom

Reaction score
CATWALK KIDDERS Jan 28 2005

WOULD THESE MODELS HAVE MADE IT IF THEIR PARENTS WEREN'T FAMOUS?

By Amber Graafland

SHE'S the new face of Mango, but would Elizabeth Jagger have even been considered for such a glamorous job if she didn't have famous parents?

And Mick and Jerry's daughter is not the only celebrity offspring to clock up a few prestigious modelling assignments.

Ronnie Wood's daughter Leah and Rod Stewart's girl Kimberly are also emerging as rock 'n' roll models. But would they cut it on the catwalk if it wasn't for their A-list gene pool and celebrity surname?

Here's our verdict on whether the latest batch of celebrity children really are model material - or just catwalk kidders.

Leah Wood

DADDY IS: Rock guitar legend Ronnie Wood (left).

LOOK: Leah has inherited her dad's quirky features.

CV: Has modelled for Alexander McQueen, Vivienne Westwood and appeared in a Burberry ad.

VERDICT: Face facts. Leah is far too short for the catwalk, which suggests she's been booked in the past because of her rock 'n' roll kudos.

Mia Tyler

DADDY IS: Rubber-lipped Aerosmith frontman Steve Tyler (below).

LOOK: Sultry, voluptuous femme fatale.

CV: The face of Lane Bryant and a regular catwalk model for Intimate Apparel.

VERDICT: Having a rock 'n' roll dad and a Hollywood starlet for a sister (Liv) have undoubtedly helped Mia become a plus-size pin-up. Without their help, don't catwalk this way, love.

Theodora and Alexandra Richards

AGES: Theodora is 19 and Alexandra is 20.

MUM AND DAD ARE: Famous 70s model Patti Hanson and the Rolling Stones' wild axeman Keith Richards.

LOOK: All-American Ivy League, but sadly they have both inherited their father's heavy jawline.

CV: Both modelled for Brit design duo Eley Kishimoto. Theodora has just finished the new Burberry ad.

VERDICT: Hey, you two, get off of this catwalk.

India Waters

DADDY IS: Pink Floyd's Roger Waters (below).

LOOK: Natural, laid back hippy with a Roman nose.

CV: The face of Sadie Frost's fashion label FrostFrench and Cotex. Made the Vogue cover.

VERDICT: All in all, just another fashion failure in the wall.

Elizabeth Jagger

MUM AND DAD ARE: Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger and 70s supermodel Jerry Hall.

LOOK: Mum's looks and dad's pout, but also his tiny stature.

CV: Lancome cosmetics, Clements Ribeiro, Mango.

VERDICT: No satisfaction, far too short.

Petrina Khashoggi

DADDY IS: Politician Jonathan Aitken (right), from a fling with socialite Soraya Khashoggi in the 70s.

LOOK: Bubbly brunette who has inherited her mum's glamorous, sultry looks.

CV: Modelled for high street store Oasis.

VERDICT:: A looker. Petrina was modelling for years before discovering she was Aitken's love child. In fact, finding out she had an ex- jailbird dad could have hindered rather than helped.

Rosanna Davidson

DADDY IS: Middle-of-the road crooner Chris de Burgh.

LOOK: Girl-next-door. An enviable figure but she has inherited her father's bland round-faced features.

CV: There was controversy when Rosanna was crowned Miss World 2003. But organisers denied the contest was a fix and that she had received more publicity than the other contestants because of her dad (left). She went on to model for Paul Costello.

VERDICT: No way. Even when the lady's in red she's not hot.

Sam Branson

DADDY IS: Billionaire entrepreneur Richard Branson (below).

LOOK:: Seriously cute, Sam oozes preppy charm.

CV: Modelled for British designer Ozwald Boateng while still studying.

VERDICT: Yes, he's Virgin on the ridiculously handsome. And Boateng had no idea who Sam was when he booked him.

Kimberly Stewart

MUM AND DAD ARE: Wrinkly rocker Rod Stewart and 70s model Alana Stewart.

LOOK: Lean and willowy - has her mum's stunning looks.

CV: Modelled for Tommy Hilfiger and House Of Field.

VERDICT: With her curves and striking beauty, Kim wears it well.

Danielle Riley Keough

MUMMY IS: Lisa-Marie Presley (right) - and gramps was Elvis.

LOOK: Striking face, just like mum.

CV: The face of Dolce & Gabbana. John Galliano said she was the "hottest model of the moment".

VERDICT: Not without the vital Presley connection. Return to sender.

Lauren Bush

DADDY IS: Neil Bush, brother of US President George Bush (below).

LOOK: Sultry senorita.

CV: On the books of the Ford Model agency. Has also appeared on the catwalk for Spanish label Toypes.

VERDICT: Lauren has a beautiful face but she doesn't have the figure for fashion or the catwalk. Without that presidential link, she just wouldn't get many votes.

From the Mirror.com UK

I agree with most of it.. except the positive review of Kim Stewart. Yeck.

SCBl0ndie said:
I agree with most of it.. except the positive review of Kim Stewart. Yeck.

I agree, I really don't see her as a model:huh:

great article mm, thanks for posting it.

btw, has anyone seen the new mango catalogue? i just flipped through it the other day and i was horrified! ms. jagger has only two different facial expressions in that catalogue: on 20 of the pages her mouth is slightly open and she looks completely stupid and the 5 other pages she just looks like a surprised fish. :sick: :unsure:

Thank god someone finally said something! I can see Sam Branson as the clean cut cute, though...but a positive review for Kimberly Stewart? :: gag ::

Very interesting........I appreciate it Model Mom.
To me it seems that any famouse-link person wants and can become a "model" just because of their relations, and the same trend is turning up with musicians and actors. I dont think its right to name someone a "model" put them on runways, and in catalougs just because they share blood with the famouse. I know and have so many ordinary girls who are pursuing modeling and have the right features and they are let down because of celebreties who woke up and decided to have a want for modeling. Someone I know got ignored and sent home from IMG because Elvis P. grandaughter was in the agency. When she was in the elevator a sweet agent (cant mention her name) including Ivan B. saw her, asked her back to the agency and asked why she didnt get signed.
Back in the days Jean Harlow, Grace Kelly, and Katherin were actresses because they had talent and beauty........I wish the same concept would be also applied to modeling!!!

good article, but i wish there was pictures of the different models with it

Leah Wood
Leah.jpg

Mia Tyler
mt07.jpg

Theodora and Alexandra Richards
richardsgirls,0.jpg

India Waters
imagenorm_10.jpg

Elizabeth Jagger
elizabethjagger269a.jpg

Petrina Khashoggi
Petrina_Khashoggi_12.jpg

last five in next post

Rosanna Davidson
Rosanna2.jpg

Sam Branson (only pic I could find, sorry)
branson_mid.jpg

Kimberly Stewart
kimberly.jpg

Danielle Riley Keough
9391.jpg

Lauren Bush
bush-lauren-photo-xxl-lauren-bush-6219771.jpg

Urban Stylin said:
where was this thread! love the article

thanks to everyone for their comments on the article. It is from The Mirror.com UK.

Urchin, Thank you for posting the pictures. It compliments the article so well.:heart:

Very good article. I'm glad someone wrote about it because I felt like I wastaking crazy pills.

I must say, Lizzie always looks great in her Lancome ads but the Mango ads are really unflattering.

Petrina Kashoggi is very pretty as well and Sam Branson (at Storm) is just GORGEOUS!!! :blush: :heart: :wub:

Kimberly Stewert wears it all??? :yuk: Yea right! :lol:
I would take the two Richards sisters or Laura Bush over her anyday!!

Great article model_mom! The only one I disagree with is Kimberly Stewart. I like her and all, but without her dad? Come on, she's not that hot.

recentish polas of sam bran
he looks better with shorter hair but these were taken just after he got back from some around-the-world adventure gap year stuff :rolleyes:

sambran6so.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessRW
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->