Catwalk Trends S/S 10

Seeing a few developing..

Sack Dresses

If that's what these shapeless mini-dresses are known as (my terminology not being great..)
00160m.jpg
00260m.jpg

Proenza Schouler
Calvin Klein

High-Waists
Empire line ?

00230m.jpg
00030m.jpg

Proenza Schouler
Marc Jacobs

style.com

I noticed some designers from NY fashion week using black and white stripes. Horizontal, and also more more abstract.

i think the first might be called a shift, crying diamonds :smile: i see a triangle in the left one ;-)

-
an article from the Irish Times

Colours light, fabrics soft and look is feminine

LONDON FASHION WEEK: THE COBBLED yard of Somerset House may have challenged the fashion brigade staggering in on the season’s blockbuster stilettos, but London Fashion Week’s fighting new spirit of optimism and celebratory atmosphere shone in many spring/summer collections over this hot and sunny weekend, writes DEIRDRE McQUILLAN
Colours were light, fabrics soft and the look was feminine and romantic, though shoulders were still squaring up to the new realities.
Off the catwalk, leading fashion editors were often clad improbably in gold or silver sequins adding a hard night-time glitter to early morning shows. But for spring 2010, the new decorative effects are frills and devil-may-care flounces with a lot of draping on the hip. The ruff is a key accessory.
This frothiness showed in John Rocha’s spring collection with its cascades of ruffles, petalled skirts in pale watercolour tones of old rose, eau de nil and pink.
More romantic and ethereal than usual, he softened tailored white jackets with insets of filigree lace and even the menswear jackets were teamed with ropes of pearls and embellished T-shirts.
But the stars of the show were stiffened crochet dresses and skirts, sculptural in form, an innovative approach to a heritage craft.
“It was beautiful and I loved the colour and was really struck by the moulded pieces” singer Roisin Murphy, pregnant with her first child and who attended the show, told The Irish Times.
According to Rocha, the British Museum is already interested in acquiring some of these signature crochet pieces.
In a similar spirit, Jasper Conran’s corseted collection could have been called a whiter shade of pale with its punched, panelled and floral appliquéd leathers as light and as decorative as lace.
Conran’s skill is combining sweetly demure looks with those that are raunchy and sexy, but always with incomparable finesse, making a silver sequinned vest mini dress worn with nothing but backcombed hair as alluring as a full skirted white silk prom speckled with stardust.
And no one makes a crisper sun dress.
Of the newcomers, Kinder Aggugini, who styles his work couture punk, called his spring offering “Loss of Innocence”.
Taking inspiration from the darker elements of fairytales, it was a zany combination of neat tweed jackets and military frock coats over billowing milkmaid dresses or puffball skirts in abstracted python or animal prints.
Its unlikely mix of polka dots, circus stripes and oversized Beefeater hats added up to a terrific show, full of joie de vivre and crafted with polish and great individual style.

lots of prints - flowrers,geomatric
metalics - silver,purple,green,blue

matthew wiliamson style.com

i love the colores

Attachments

• 01040m.jpg
    01040m.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 00990m.jpg
    00990m.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 00460m.jpg
    00460m.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 00920m.jpg
    00920m.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 00190m.jpg
    00190m.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 4
flat shoes with Asian references at Calvin Klein, Marc Jacobs...

and pastell colors, e.g. Jonathan Saunders, Christopher Kane.

is it just me, or are there so few new trends emerging? pretty much all of the above trends we've seen for at least 2 seasons already - black/nude, mesh, shoulders, belts, sack dresses, geometrics, florals..... it's all so "meh" this season...

Raw Edges

00540m.jpg
00360m.jpg

00550m.jpg

Fendi
Jil Sander
Prada

style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw lots of printed pants

toptrendprintedpants.jpg

fasshonaburu.com

Not really a big fan, but I saw lots of printed pants. Prints in general seemed to be very tie dye as well, but not in a boho kind of way

Fasshonaburu, please credit your images, otherwise they will be deleted. Thanks. :flower:

slit trous1.jpg
src| style.com

Trousers with slits and cut outs seem to be continuing for SS2010

Clockwise: Julien Macdonald, Phi, Topshop Unique, Gareth Pugh

ccharlene, please credit your images, otherwise they will be deleted. Thanks. :flower:

Im new to TFS and cant figure out how to edit posts so my images in my previous post are from style.com

Trench coats had a strong presence on the London runways. These pieces were worn as dresses and outerwear in Peter Plilotto, Burberry Prorsum, Julien Macdonald, and Jaeger.

Attachments

• p17i1.jpg
    p17i1.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 8
  • p17i2.jpg
    p17i2.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 9
  • p17i3.jpg
    p17i3.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 9
  • p17i5.jpg
    p17i5.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 7
Leather is in for spring it seems.. to repeat myself from the Celine thread: it counterbalances the high use of sheer which wont exactly be keeping you warm on those chilly spring nights.
Balenciaga, Loewe, Celine being a few names.

leather on all kinds of pieces
Silver finishes/details
see through mesh/chains/nets etc.

I've seen a lot of the grunge 90's theme, which I absolutely love so I had no problem with it. But what i'm so sick and tired of is see-through shirts! They're not wearable at all. Ugh, it makes me so mad.

Another thing I have seen on the runway and I lovee it. Is alot of crystals and flowy gowns espiecally at Jenny Packham.

I see Suede. Love it.

Acne

Attachments

• dress Chakra.jpg
    dress Chakra.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug