Celebs vs. Models on Magazine Covers

To add my knut, magazines exist to sell! If well known faces from the entertainment industry, -namely movie and songwriting industries- are going to be more successful in selling, so be it. The publishers are obviously going to be much more interested in the profits they reap from each month's magazine than being concerned about whether its more sensible to have a model on their cover when the magazine is all about the most 'in vogue' in fashion, life and design. Money is what many people seek..

In the past, the covers of Vogue US belonged to the model, there was no place for celebs. Somehow the celebs took over the cover, but one thing remained. Vogue US is still one of the biggest fashion magazines out there...people still refer to it as the fashion bible. Anna Wintour is the most important and influencial person in the fashion business, like it or not. If a model lands her butt on the cover of the number one fashion bible and has the official approval of La Wintour in its biggest way possible, then that pretty much confirms your status in the modeling world and even brings it to another level, no?

Do you think? Even in Europe? To tell you truth i do not see much American influence in Europe at the moment.
In the 90s there was no doubt about it but now I think US Vogue lost much of it's power outside America . European Vogues at the moment in my opinion follow much more European cultural sensibilities. But this is just an impression i can be totally wrong, I'm not much of a follower of Vogue Us that to me looks like the height of tackiness.

I have nothing against celebs on the cover although i prefer models, but my problem is that they always chose the same celebrities, and unless you like rom-coms and i hate them, you don't know and you are not interested in any of this persons. They are always the same all bland and blond.

I have nothing against celebs on the cover although i prefer models, but my problem is that they always chose the same celebrities...

Like how US Vogue keeps recycling the celebs on their covers. Honestly, I've seen Drew Barrymore and Keira Knightley so many times. They talk about the same things like how Drew Barrymore is so down-to-earth and Keira Knightley is beyond beautiful that it really gets old :huh:...

I definitely think fashion-centered magazines like Vogue and Bazaar should stick to their fashion roots. Celebrities don't do much for fashion (except for a few) and I shouldn't have to be seeing Lindsay Lohan on Bazaar just because she's 'photogenic'.

I don't think money is as big of a deal if people are buying the magazine because they're wowed by the model on the picture. But then, I think it's also the fashion magazine's part to help the US audience to know who these models are by advertising their name and letting us know who they are. It's the anonymity that scares the sales away. I see other countries' Vogue and Bazaar magazines state their names and do interviews with them and such. I know US Vogue has done that before but it's usually with 9 or 10 other models...

I think the problem is that mags tend to put the same celebs on the cover and those same celebs (reese, keira, jennifer aniston) tend to dominate covers for a good 10 years or so.

^^Exactly, i am fine with celebs but give us variety and do a good job damitt!

Some of the celeb covers look like they didnt even bother and just used the "subject" because of her notoriety that comes up with the last name. :rolleyes:

I am totally sick of the same faces, and i want US Vogue to mix it up a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->