Celine Handbags - Clandestine et al

Yes I received them and decided to keep the cream large. The medium is too pink for my liking. As for the large I have to ship it back to NAP to get the new replacement. The one I received has a small scratch mark on the right size of the side pocket.

So I will take some pictures when I get the replacement and when my bf is not at home. This is my secret handbag.:lol:

klow-chloe' said:
So I will take some pictures when I get the replacement and when my bf is not at home. This is my secret handbag.:lol:

:lol: Hence the name "Clandestine"...such a fitting name in so many ways!! One of the reasons why I haven't managed to post any proper digital camera photos is that my husband is always around when I plan on taking some!! :ninja:

Hi ... on ebay #6879313358 there is a suitcase size black clady that claims to have the net-a-porter box & trim. I don't think this size is available & I haven't seen it on net-a-porter. Is this a pretty devious trick?? ;-(

klow: YAY!!!! super congrats! i'm so happy for you!!

that is a really fantastic purchase- gorgeous leather and color!! :heart:

i wanted this or the putty for a light colored bag, but chickened out of this one thinking the putty is much easier to maintain. but you have both, you lucky girl!

Pinkie said:
Hi ... on ebay #6879313358 there is a suitcase size black clady that claims to have the net-a-porter box & trim. I don't think this size is available & I haven't seen it on net-a-porter. Is this a pretty devious trick?? ;-(
Yeah, definitely a devious trick. Plus, why is the soufflet pocket falling off of the bag in one of the pics from the auction!!! :blink:

Attachments

• ab_3.JPG
    ab_3.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 40
:lol: the pocket!!!

ah...the many perils of premature "it" bag replicating...let this serve as a cautionary tale for generations of smart and smarter counterfeiters to come.

Thanks posi I have both bags and compare them I must say I love the putty stam more, but the craftmanship on the clandestine is outstanding but don't know why I'm loving the stam so much.

amp - we are in the same situation where my bf doesn't want to go out coz he wants to save money for our coming up holiday even when his footy match is on, my bad I did spend for this bag and I was not really exciting when I received the package.:( I was planning to take some pics of the large before I sent it back to NAP my bf supposed to go out with his friends to watch super 14 game and end up he decided to stay home:ninja:

Btw the replica has two cylinders on the handles:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
klow- well thanks for saying that- it makes me feel slightly better about the difficult choice i had to make.

i totally agree that the celine bag is superior in quality. every last detail is done so right...and there is something so pretty about the matteness of the leather and the way the leather kind of wrinkles when you pick up the bag....:heart:

okay i have to stop fantasizing about the clandy and focus on my happiness with the putty. i took it out to a tapas bar tonight and these two girls practically stalked me the whole night. i really wished i had gotten this bag earlier...

Greendrv said:
Yeah, definitely a devious trick. Plus, why is the soufflet pocket falling off of the bag in one of the pics from the auction!!! :blink:

Thanks Greendrv for the answer, I was certain it was a fake but surprised that they were using the net-a-porter box ... I wonder if the boxes are being sold now as an aid to selling knock-offs?? Never have seen that ploy used before. I noticed the two cylinders too!

fyi ladies - i happen to see black suitcase clandy this weekend in SF Neiman Marcus. it looks like the one in the pics posted in #605 by greendrv. the ebay one was probably a fake, but there are definitely black clandys out there. :smile:

^Yup, there are definitely black clandies out there, but afaik, the suitcase size didn't go into production.

Was it the suitcase that you saw, or are you referring to the large (the e/w version available from NAP)? :flower:

princess - i just checked nap and the one on nap is the one i saw at SF NM. there are so many variations of this bag that it's confusing to me. i should follow this thread better so apologies from me for not doing so. :flower: so the one in post #605 is called the suitcase? what's the one on NAP called, east west bag?

Hi ladies. I think I need your help to solve a mystery. I just saw someone in the what are you wearing tread, carrying a pink clandy, post 7982. It must be the large, right?
Just when I thought I understood this. I am so confused:huh:

shopping247 said:
princess - i just checked nap and the one on nap is the one i saw at SF NM. there are so many variations of this bag that it's confusing to me. i should follow this thread better so apologies from me for not doing so. :flower: so the one in post #605 is called the suitcase? what's the one on NAP called, east west bag?

Yup, the one in #605 is known as the suitcase, except that it was only seen on the runway and never went into production, as discovered by many of the ladies on this thread. :(

The one on NAP is the east-west bag as you've pointed out, otherwise known as the large. Taitai managed to nab a super-exclusive piece in powder (light-pink), which may be a sample piece, but otherwise the large is only available in cream (white) while the medium Clandy comes in the powder.

Does anyone know where I can find the celine bittersweet large hobo? I want to see it in person, not really on eluxury. Thanx.

Is it still availabe in the Celine stores?
I saw one IRL while on my Clandy hunt and if I wasn't so obessed with the Clandy, that might be a bag that I'll seriously consider buying.

Good luck!

Does anyone have pics of the black one? i don't reallly 'do' light colours! Also, did anyone find out if the cylinder was a 'spy' feature? :flower:

Wish I had discovered this thread earlier, the Clandestine looks perfect. Would fakes for this bag be ubiquitous on eBay? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->