Celine Homme S/S 2021 by Hedi Slimane

Finally ditching that horrible, dry polaroid layout but the clothes are trash.

There's another shot on instagram featuring the merchandise - aka - clown emoji earrings and that's when I really have to give up lol

Sign of the times: with the film hype, so many photographers have done double exposures by accident, and now it becomes an aesthetic choice.

On a lighter note, yay or nay for this 350 Euros earring

upload_2021-1-13_10-29-23.png
Source: Celine.com

That 1050 Euros for the full set

Hedi's Celine makes sense once you realize the "Hedi Man" has evolved (not gotten older) into someone who is married with a career and has or is starting a family - but still wants to be in style - doesn't have the time that he used to have to shop all day in Ginza. I can relate to this, I think most of the original Dior Homme customers (I was one) are married now and focused on things other than shopping (that was 15 years ago) I don't have the time to go to a vintage store on 7th st NYC and hunt for Gaultier originals anymore.

Wearing vintage is always associated with youth because young people in college have the free time to go and do that.

The shots are awful tho just show me the clothes on a nice backdrop in Sentosa and call it a day Hedi. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hedi's Celine makes sense once you realize the "Hedi Man" has evolved (not gotten older) into someone who is married with a career and has or is starting a family - but still wants to be in style - doesn't have the time that he used to have to shop all day in Ginza. I can relate to this, I think most of the original Dior Homme customers (I was one) are married now and focused on things other than shopping (that was 15 years ago) I don't have the time to go to a vintage store on 7th st NYC and hunt for Gaultier originals anymore.

Wearing vintage is always associated with youth because young people in college have the free time to go and do that.

The shots are awful tho just show me the clothes on a nice backdrop in Sentosa and call it a day Hedi. :rolleyes:

Soooo....married men a with career and have or are starting a family is what you believe he is portraying here? Or who his Celine customer is with this collection? Unless these men are all in their late teens/early 20's, I'm not seeing it

All I see here is pandering, Fakeawake. In the most literal sense. I think he left the Dior Homme men behind. Despite the fact that they can afford his wares, they are simply not 'cool' enough anymore.
From gifting Celine hoodies to Charli D'Amelio to his obsession with that TikToker, Hedi's Celine is no different than your average fashion brand looking for hype. Youth are, as we all know, easily bamboozled so it might just work. I think they'll warm to these images with the clown earring, pastel blue nails, and an eboy looking cast.

To be honest, I do understand the frustrations and that the clothes indeed seem (at least 75% of them) to be made for an edgy 18-21 y.o. kid.
However (!), I still think the aesthetic is there and it is very identifiable. After all these season of him at the helm of Celine, I must admit that it is as identifiable as Dior Homme or Saint Laurent, but surely is becoming younger and younger.

I do not personally enjoy the punkish sleazy twink style going on, but I think it is unfair to say that Celine is lost or has a lack of identity. The photos, videos and, hell yes, show locations and filming all go hand-in-hand and are super Hedi, if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionblogger30000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->