Celine S/S 2020 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Sep 27, 2019.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

3. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

4. blusheels

blusheels Active Member

Fall/Winter 2020, is this you?

Also, it feels like the same look was replicated 30 times throughout the collection...

5. GERGIN

GERGIN Well-Known Member

Thank goodness Loewe was the first show of my morning :sideways:

6. ForTheImage

ForTheImage Active Member

I couldn't be more bored with his Celine at this point.

7. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

With just that one opening look, his Celine is instantly worldbuidling.

8. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Patrician redux! I'm sorry, but again, how exactly is this a high fashion brand? I'm not after Galliano theatrics, but this collection is glorified high street fodder.

And I find it incredible that you're backing this, Phuel. I mean you bemoan the death of creativity and originality in fashion across the board, rightly so!, but somehow this Zara collection is 'worldbreaking'? Ok. :innocent:

9. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

Copy Paste Done.

10. dior_couture1245

dior_couture1245 Fat Karl

Completely agree.

This is so chic. If I were a woman, I’d want to own it all.

First show of the season that gives me any feeling. Everything else has been such a “who-cares?” I’m glad Hedi is pursuing this sort of bourgeois, bon-chic-bon-genre look he started last season. It’s the only thing that looks fresh.

In this over saturated market that is high fashion...with everyone trying to outdo themselves and each other, Hedi’s Céline (as of last season) stands apart in offering something that doesn’t make a woman or girl look like a fool.

Frida and almudena like this.
  11. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Well-Known Member

Is Hedi trolling us, showing the same collection he created six months ago for fall-winter?? Or is he just plain lazy??

The first look is literally any pedestrian walking down any street of the world!

12. perfect blue

perfect blue Active Member

I wonder if it was his intention to make it look as if it was ordinary people passing through, instead of a fashion show.

13. KissMiss

KissMiss Well-Known Member

Half of this looks like it could be Levis fashion show... too much denim. Apart from that I don’t mind it too much.

14. aracic

aracic Well-Known Member

15. bc collector

bc collector Active Member

We know the man, at this point: the ability to surprise is not exactly Hedi's main strength, once he has found a formula he'll stick to it no matter what. With FW19, he veered towards this "new" BCBG aesthetic just to make Celine different from his SL and we'll likely see endless variations of it until he gets bored with Celine, leave and move somewhere else (I'm just praying it's not going to be Chanel).

I do not care how well made and desirable Hedi's pieces are (I admit he has always been a product master), nor do I care about the gazillions of euros LVMH will probably make during his tenure.

For me, a designer so predictable is failing regardless.

16. gazebo

gazebo Well-Known Member

So hard for me to understand how do I actually feel about this.

jeanclaude and perfect blue like this.
  17. Uemarasan

Uemarasan Member

Lol.

At this point, Hedi and his sycophants are just trolling.

V.C. Andrews already built this kind of world forty years ago, and I’d rather send my money to V.C. Andrews than support this insult to creativity.

jeanclaude likes this.
  18. dontbeadrag

dontbeadrag Well-Known Member

I actually do like it. The first reason is that there is literally nothing like this today, everyone tries to stand out and this is simple, pedestrian, very basic, but you can tell it is well done and expensive.
    Also very Parisian.

Frida, gazebo, GivenchyAddict and 4 others like this.
  19. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

well, he said worldbuilding..

But you called it Zara.. and you know what it’s time for?: HEY! you may think this little floral shirt looks exactly like something no one would even buy for $2 at H&M’s Black Friday sale, but that’s because you haven’t walked into the store and felt it and pressed your cheek against it and smelled it.. the texture, the smoothness, the artisanal cut, the out-of-body experience of the florals!.. I’d wear something that looks like s*it because it just feels so good, and ~you would too~.

What Hedi gives to men, through womenswear, quite possibly through a maternity or a kids’ line if he released one, will always be a mystery to me.. not one that sparks my curiosity like say, the Dyatlov deaths, just some structuring of alpha vs. beta/YES SIR!-leader-and-male-follower thing that’s almost like a natural order depending on where you stand..

This is insipid but with an eerie vibe of post-middle age acceptance, like ‘guess this is what I do, and I’m not Mick Jagger or Anton Corbijn and I have a Bieber haircut and can’t wear the clothes I design anymore ..’.. it’s touching.

20. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Hhhmmm, potato/potahto. The intent of the word is pretty much the same.
    I do read the 'but have you touched it' theory pretty often on here, and while it's entirely justified, the cynic in me can't help wondering whether that same staunchly 'benefit of the doubt' would be afforded to vintage-lite garb from Gucci, or a Balenciaga coat.......